6 March 2021
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is
that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions
will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We
encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we
don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules.We love memes, however,
and here is today's meme.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
1) In this song, Katy Perry sings that she wants to give her
lover something good to celebrate every day. What is making you happy this fine
I'm happy that I am vaccinated and that I am over the side effects.
2) The video is all about baking a birthday cake. When did you most recently
enjoy something home baked? Were you the baker?
I am always the baker. The last thing I baked as a lemon meringue pie for
3) Tell us a memory from one of your birthdays.
For my 70th birthday, the kids arranged a big party at a local brewpub.
The Wizard of Oz was the theme and the kids performed a song that they wrote
for me. (Sadly someone videotaped it and I've never seen the videotape--he lost
it) A friend from Colorado flew out for the party--flew in in the morning
and flew back home that evening.
4) This week's song shares nothing but the title with a
Beatles song. (Here's a
video of Paul McCartney performing it live.) Can you think of another title
that's been used by more than one song?
Maybe the ukelele version of "Over the Rainbow."
5) Similarly, this week's featured
artist was born Kathryn Hudson and called Katy Hudson until she changed her name
to Katy Perry to avoid confusion with the actress Kate Hudson. Have you ever met
anyone else with your same name?
6) Katy and actor Orlando Bloom became parents to a baby girl in 2020. Bloom
is best known for his work in the Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the
Caribbean movies. Are you a fan of either of those film series?
I have seen Lord of the Rings, but not Pirates. I'm
not a fan of either (sorry, Country Dew)
7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Prince William toured the United
States and attended his first NBA game (Nets vs. Cavaliers). What's the most
recent sporting event that you watched?
Probably a 49er game, but I don't remember when. I usually watch the
49ers, since Tom is such a huge fan.
8) Also in 2014, Joan Rivers died. While best-known for making us laugh,
she was a very successful entrepreneur, selling jewelry on QVC. Have you ever
ordered anything from TV?
Once or twice, a long time ago. I don't remember what now.
9) Random question -- Have you ever been told you talk too much?