Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This
feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types
of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we
will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past
hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all
of us thieves!
Stolen from Bankerchick
1. Tell us about any lawn or
garden plans you have for this month,
I'm not a gardener. Walt waters the lawn; Ned takes care of a few plants.
Otherwise, God does all the gardening.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas
Fuller. What does this quote mean to you?
Literally, things grow along with your planted things - like seeds dropped from
birds or weeds left over from a previous garden. Philosophically, same
thing. You may be intently studying one thing and yet something else pops
into your head.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
Nothing, really. I think I believe in a supreme being, but not the old
with the long white beard. More a "thing" than a "person." But
whatever he/she/it is, I hope he/she/it is taking care of my loved ones.
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous.
Probably shifting back and forth. ADDENDUM: After reading
Zippiknits, I realize that when I'm nervous, I eat more.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?
I love the color yellow, but you wouldn't find it in my home. Maybe
in a couple of t-shirts.
6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which
yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
A toss-up among daffodils, roses and sunflowers. We live around many
sunflower fields and I love them when they are in bloom
7. Flip flops or bare feet?
Neither. I always have something on my feet--socks or slippers. I
never wear flip flops and I try to never have bare feet.
8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed
in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish
or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Probably a fine kettle of fish. The coronavirus has pretty much eliminated
all the others!
9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or
throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
I went fishing once, with my grandfather, who took me to fish for crab, with
bacon on a string. Didn't catch anything. I have no desire to go
fishing. I'm not a fish eater and I can't stand to think of ending a life
like that -- and catch and release just seems unnecessarily cruel.
10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk,
or kitchen junk drawer?
In my purse, if I'm not home, my car keys (at home they live on a peg right by
the front door, so I never lose them). On my desk, just about
anything. It's so cluttered I'm always searching for something.
Rarely have to look in the junk drawer and I don't have a real "wallet" so I
don't search there.
11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your
Yes. See #9 in
Saturday 9. I sleep weird. I go to the couch around 11 or midnight
and sleep until about 3. Then I watch 30-60 minutes of Morning Joe and
then go back to the couch and sleep another 2 hours. I get up, turn on the TV
and fall back asleep again, sometimes for just an hour, sometimes longer. At
some point during the day I take a nap.
13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I still have several Lawsuit t-shirts. The band broke up in 1996. I
also have a couple of Lamplighters shirts from the 1980s.
14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?
COVID-19 !!! Was there a summer? Last time I was out and about it
was spring and now it's almost autumn
15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune.
I'm not a big Jimmy Buffet fan, though I do enjoy "Margaritaville."