14 June 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This
feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types
of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we
will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past
hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all
of us thieves!
(Thanks for the suggestion from The Gal Herself)
1. How many gravy boats do you
have in your kitchen?
Just one, I think (almost never used)
2. Do the clothes in your laundry basket need ironing?
Excuse me? What is this term "ironing" you use?
3. What is the last thing you wallpapered?
We had wallpaper put on the wall in our guest bathroom when we had this house
built in 1973. (painted over a year ago)
4. Wooden floors or carpet?
We got rid of carpets when we had peeing puppies in the house. Now
we're mostly all Pergo, with a couple of rugs for the two dogs to sleep on.
5. Why do we put out guest towels if no one is supposed to use them?
I've wondered that myself! These days it's so you don't get any COVID
germs, I guess.
6. If your spatula could talk, what would it say about your duvet?
Now that's a really stupid question! My spatula is in the kitchen, the
duvet is on the bed. They don't speak to each other. Come to think
of it, they don't "speak" at all.
7. Have you replaced the batteries in your smoke alarms this year?
Probably. Walt or Ned take care of this and I can't remember if they
did it recently.
8. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like
Is this written by the same person who wrote the spatula/duvet question?
There never seems to be enough thyme, does there?
9. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown?
I'll tell ya. My balance is so off these days that I suspect they have
a nervous breakdown wondering if I"m going to drop them on the way from the
refrigerator to the counter.
10. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you?
I saw read "Fifty Shades of Grey" and figured it would be good for the both
11. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more
importantly, if wooden spoons spoon do they get splinters?
My spoons always spoon. They are much more cozy that way.
12. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the
fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the
music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open. Why did you close them?
It's freezing me to death.
13. Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef?
I mostly use recipes, but improvise most of the time with additional
14. Is your pot black?
Yes. I mostly use cast iron.
15. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet? What makes it so?
Cinnamon. It gives a nice tang to the food, yet is very
comforting....wouldn't you want to cuddle up to something that smelled of