13 June 2020
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post
9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other
times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random
questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and
leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate
rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: The Rain, The Park, and Other Things (1967)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
1) The Cowsills were a family band
who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing
The Jacksons, Donny and Marie,
2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It
was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your
favorite Monkees song?
"I'm a Believer"
3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister,
TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you
ever watch it?
It was a favorite of my kids.
4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are
there flowers in your home right now?
No. I rarely have flowers in
5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a
recent dream you had.
I have gone most of my life never
having dreams, but lately I've been sleeping better and dreaming more. I
don't really remember my dreams but have a feeling they are inspired by whatever
I watched on TV before I sent to bed
6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American
Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your
refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?
7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become
a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of
the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather
stay with friends/family?
Depends on where we are going and who
the friends are! We always stay with Walt's sister and her husband in
8) In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las
Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in
I can't remember the last wedding I
attended, and know of nobody planning a wedding in the future.
9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?