17 July 2019
I hate it when I miss doing a Sunday
Stealing, since I am the one who posts them. So here is the Sunday
Stealing for the Sunday I was in Santa Barbara:
1. Are you satisfied with the way your
life is right now?
2. Do you drink enough water?
I am a big water drinker. I drink a pint of water first thing in the
morning, coffee through the morning, water through the rest of the day and
ata least 2 pts of water with dinner and another one after dinner.
3. When was the last time you ate at
It's the only fast food joint I go to on a regular basis, but I can't
remember how long ago it was last time--a few weeks, anyway.
4. Do you prefer the beach or the
The beach, as long as I can sit somewhere nearby and watch the water.
5. How do you usually feel when you wake
up on a morning?
Depends on how many hours of sleep I've had, but I usually wake up feeling
all cozy and hoping Polly won't notice that I'm awake.
6. Would you rather take someone on a
date, or be taken on a date?
Oh be taken, of course!
7. When was the last time you wore high
Sometime in the 1980s, when I realized that my feet didn't have to hurt all
8. Vodka or wine?
I'm not really a drinker, but given this choice, vodka.
9. How often do you cry?
I am a "spitzmuller," my grandmother used to tell me -- that means I cry at
EVERYTHING. I cried the other day at the emotion of a guy who won
Jeopardy. Don't show me a Hallmark commercial without a tissue in
10. Ever had a crush on a teacher?
Yes, my typing teacher, Sister Anne. I almost joined the convent
because of it, until she talked me out of it.
11. Can you wire a plug?
No. That's why I have children.
12. Do you wear socks to bed?
13. What is currently bugging you?
I dunno...what stupid thing did the President say today?
15. Can you change a car tire?
I don't tink so s I once tried, but it was raining and the car slipped off
the jack. Paul and I were stuck on the side of the freeway until a
passerby picked us up--and I was terrified of getting into the car with him,
but this was before cell phones. He was a nice man and gave me money
to buy Paul a hamburger. Every time I "pay it forward," I think of
16. Have you met more than ten celebrities?
Let's see: Judy Garland, Carol Channing, Tipper Gore, Piper Laurie, Theodore
Bikel, Jim Brochu, Steve Schalchlin .... Nope
17. Do you sleep naked?
Heavens no. I wander around so much in the middle of the night it
would scare the dog.
18. What was the best music gig you’ve
A toss-up between Judy Garland's Carnegie Hall program, and the Lawsuit
first Whole Earth festival.
19. Have you ever had sexual feelings for
anyone you follow on line?
20. Who is someone who has changed your
Gilbert Russak, who died 33 years ago this week.
21. Favourite city?
San Francisco. Isn't it nice that my favorite city is also the place
where I grew up?
22. Can you drive?
22. Cigarettes or alcohol?
23. Favourite and least favourite accents?
I love the Portuguese and French accents, not fond of German or any of the
24. Did you play Red Rover when you were a
All the time.
25. Do you like 1980s fashion?
I am unaware of fashion. I just wear what I can find to fit me.