December 29, 2019
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny
the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
This is a repeat, but it's a questionnaire I like to think about at the end of
each year, so I'm printing it here. Many questions I've skipped because
they don't apply this year.
1. First things first, did you have a good year?
All things considered, pretty good. No funerals to go to this year anyway.
2. If you traveled, where did you go?
Because my mother is 100 and has Alzheimers, I am loathe to leave town for any
extended period, so the only place we went this year was to Santa Barbara for
Tom's 49th birthday,.
3. Which fashion trends did you love?
I am not into fashion, so I don't know one from the other.
4. Which fashion trends did you hate?
I do know that I hate the current style of mismatched hems.
5. What was your favorite article of clothing
Any comfy t-shirt or sweatshirt, if it's cold.
6. What song sums up this year for you?
7. What was your favorite movie of the year?
We only saw 3. Probably Downton Abbey.
8. Did an actor/actress catch your attention
for the first time this year? No.
9. Favorite new TV show?
Did The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel premier this year? If so, that one.
10. Did you make any big permanent changes
Whoo boy, did we! Our son and his wife moved in here for what we are
calling "The 10 year project." They decided they want to live closer in case we
need them. It was a very good permanent change, from my perspective.
11. What was one nice thing you did for
yourself? Bought a new recliner. I love it!
12. Did you develop a new obsession? No.
13. Did you vote?
Did we vote this year? If so, then yes,
14. Did you move? Nope.
15. Did you get a job? Nope.
16. Did you get a pet?
Sort of. We had Polly and Ned and Marta had Bouncer. Now that they
live here, we have Bouncer too.
17. Do you regret not doing anything?
18. Do you regret doing something?
19. Have you done anything that scared you? No.
20. Did anyone/thing make you so mad it stayed with you for days?
Our president does that nearly every day.
21. Did you lose anyone close to you?
My boss from 50+ years ago died. We had remained friends all these years,
but I lost contact with him a couple of years ago and discovered that he died
earlier this year. We weren't exactly "close," but his death was a painful
22. Who was important to you this year but
wasnít important last year?
A guy named Sandy, who runs the residential care facility where my mother now
lives. I am grateful for him every day.
23. Who wasnít as important to you this year
as they were last year?
Can't think of anyone.
24. If you could have a do over on one thing you did, would you take it?
Can't think of anything
25. What was the best moment of the year for
The Christmas we just spent with the family and the return of the Egg Nog Gala.
I got kind of tearily nostalgic, but in a good way. So wonderful everybody
could be together. Celebrating my mother's 100th birthday was kind of
special for me too.
26. What was the worst?
As always, my mother's deteriorating mental health.
27. What are you most proud of accomplishing?
I kind of like the 40+ theatrical reviews I have written.
28. What have you learned about yourself this year that you didnít know in
the years prior?
29. What do you wish for others for the coming year?
I wish peace for all.
30. What do you wish for yourself?
Every year for decades my wish for myself is "world peace and a clean house."
With Ned here, I have achieved at least one of those things--finally. Now
if only Trump would cooperate....