December 15, 2019
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". .
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The
Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the
blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most
interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd
Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Book of Questions
1. If you saw a dog locked in a hot car, what would you do?
Try to find someone to help. I don't know how to break into a car, but
there must be someone in authority around who could. Depending on how hot
it is, call 911.
2. Is it easy for you to accept help when you need it?
Easier now than when I was younger.
3. Have you ever been in a fashion show?
Only one -- the fashion show where we showed off the things we had made in
sewing class in high school.
4. Would you like to be famous?
Good lord, no! The more you read about people discovering the pain of
being famous, the less appealing it appears to me.
5. What is your most compulsive habit?
100! Puzzle on my cell phone.
6. What do you most strive for in your life: accomplishment, security, love,
power, excitement, knowledge, or something else?
Of the choices given, probably security.
7. How close and warm is your family?
One of the things I love about our family is how close everybody is. That
includes our kids, their spouses, and Walt's extended family (which includes
the cousins back in D.C.)
8. Does that fact that you have never done a thing before increase or
decrease its appeal to you?
I'm too old to do new things. Depending on what the "thing" is, probably
decrease its appeal.
9. If your friends start belittling a common acquaintance, would you defend
10. Do you make a special effort to thank someone who does you a favor? How
do you react when you aren’t thanked for going out of your way for someone?
I just wrote a letter thanking a local theater company for finding a script for
me. I try to always write when someone does something out of the ordinary
for me. I sheepishly admit to feeling disappointed and sometimes hurt,
when I don't get thanked when I go out of my way for someone (happens all the
time on Swap Bot)
11. Since adolescence, in what 3-year period do you feel you experienced the
most personal growth and change?
Probably the years I was with the Lamplighters 1984-87. That was the year
I actually wrote a book, which I never dreamed I could do before.
12. When you do something ridiculous, how much does it bother you to have
other people notice it and laugh at you?
Oh a lot. I hate when I do something ridiculous. I hate people
laughing at me. WITH me is OK, but AT me is not.
13. Do you believe in capital punishment?
Very definitely NO. For one thing, too many innocent people are put to
death accidentally, only to find out later that they were innocent. For
another, with all the appeals, etc. it costs much more to put someone to death
than to keep him/her in jail for life without parole. Plus, I don't
believe people should kill people in cold blood.
14. Do you find it so hard to say “no” that you regularly do favors yo do not
want to do?
It is SO much easier to do that now than it used to be.
15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
Child abuse, animal abuse, sex trafficking. There is a temptation to say
"death," but having survived several very painful deaths, I learned that death
can be quite funny--laughing keeps you from falling apart.