Today in My History
Not a Great Story, Just What Happened
It's All in Your Head
About that Arm
The World's Biggest Tourist
Scarier and Scarier
Look Who's Back!
Up to My Ears in Frosting
My Friend Ruth, a Preview
Oranges and Puppies
Little Cat Feet
Today at Logos
"I Love You, You're Perfect
Books Read in 2017
"The Geography of bliss"
Personal Home Page
Family Stories Vlog
Books Read in 2017
Books Read in 2016
Books Read in 2015
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
(you know how to fix it)
Mirror Site for RSS
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the PiŮata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
Favorite Travel Photos
Things in My Life
7 Days of Meals
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
22 January 2017
Well, after I wrote an entry
about all the marches
today, I decided I really missed doing Sunday Stealing, so I decided to
1. Are you loud, outgoing or shy?
Shy, shy, shy!
2. Whatís coming up where youíll see an old friend?
I'm having lunch with one friend on Monday, another on Tuesday and "tea"
with some friends on Saturday. I feel almost....normal.
3. Are you easy to get along with?
You'll have to ask others, but I think I'm pretty easy to get along with.
4. Have you ever given up on someone, but then gone back to them?
Nope. My love life is so boring.
5. Who was the last person that you had a deep conversation with?
My friend Sandy, at Logos when we switched shifts on Thursday. It wasn't
a long conversation, but deep.
6. Are you okay with being in a big crowd?
Not my favorite place to be. It's why I hate New York City. Too
damn many people! When we first moved to Davis, this quiet city drove
me nuts and I got "city genes" whenever we went to San Francisco, but those
genes died a long time ago.
7. Do you believe in luck and/or miracles?
I don't know. If you find a dime on the street, you may think it's
your lucky day--but does that mean you have luck? And they tell me I'm
a miracle baby because my godmother prayed for a tumor on my neck to go
away--and it did, overnight, so I guess I do believe in miracles.
8. What good thing happened during the summer? (Itís good to think about
summer when you are freezing your butt off in January.)
It was summer, I believe, when Ned built my new office for me.
9. Do you think there is life on other planets?
Of course Gene Roddenberry told me there was. But in all
seriousness, anybody who can look at a sky full of stars and think that this
tiny little planet is the only place in the cosmos with life is insane.
We will probably never know the truth, but surely there is lots of life out
10. Who was your first crush on?
11. What are your bad habits?
Peanut butter, salty crunchy things, ice cream, and inability to keep a neat and tidy house
12. Whatís your favorite part of your daily routine?
Waking up in the recliner under a quilt, pretending I'm still sleeping so
the dogs don't demand breakfast, and sneaking peeks at e-mail on my iPad
while watching The Today Show. Once the dogs know I'm
awake, it's all over. (I can sometimes fool them for an hour!)
13. Other than your significant other, who are you most comfortable with?
My daughter, and my friend Char.
14. Has an ex ever told you that they regret breaking up?
I don't have exes, so...no.
15. Why should your celebrity crush drop everything to be with you?
I don't have a celebrity crush.
16. What would be the hardest to give up and why? Books. TV. Music.
Of those three, probably TV. Music is a no-brainer. Books would
be difficult too, but I think TV would be worse.
17. Do you believe in second chances?
18. What would like to do next in your life?
At 74, I don't have a lot in my bucket list. Right now I'm so focused
on my mother and her dementia that I don't think beyond that for now.
19. Whatís the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
"And to think I used to think you were intelligent."
20. Whatís the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
The first time my now 8 year old granddaughter told me she loved me.
She was about 3 and really didn't seem to like me very much, but I was
wheeling her around Costco in a cart and told her I loved her and she said
"I love you too." Brought tears to my eyes. We've had a better
relationship ever since.