Today in My History
I Finally Crashed
of the Cave Girl
It's All in How You Look at It
Me and My Millions
All the Monkeys Aren't in the Zoo
"What Are You Writing?"
Xena, Warrior Princess
Blog, Blog, Blogging Along
...and Life Goes On...
Books Read in 2017
Long Road Home"
Personal Home Page
Books Read in 2017
Books Read in 2016
Books Read in 2015
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
(you know how to fix it)
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piñata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
Favorite Travel Photos
Things in My Life
7 Days of Meals
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
30 April 2017
1. if someone wanted to really understand
you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
Well, they'd have to read Funny the World, of course. As for
"watch" they should watch NCIS and Food Network shows, and listen to? Audio
books, mostly by Harlan Coben and David Baldacci. Music can be all
over the place from John Denver to a Brahms symphony to
2. have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who?
Lately I am appreciating how much alike
Country Dew and I are.
I've been reading her for a long time and only recently discovered that her
first name is Anita.
3. list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
Oh lord....fandom? That sounds like something for young kids.
Well, if it's a few things I like, I probably identify with Garcia on
Criminal Minds and an out of body observer for the Outlander
series, and if there were a blend of Grace and Frankie, I would be that
4. do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you
I don't mind my name, but it has never felt like "me." I feel more
like a Barbara, the name my parents almost gave me but didn't.
5. do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you
identify yourself by the things you do?
While I have "done" a lot in my life, I think now I identify more as just
6. are you religious/spiritual?
No. I have a belief, but can't put it into words.
7. do you care about your ethnicity?
As a member of the white privilege class, I never had to think about it.
I'm happy to be a white woman of Irish descent, but when I see the suffering
of other ethnicities, I feel guilty (it goes along with the territory of
having been raised Catholic)
8. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your
and the members of the band Lawsuit, many of whom I gave birth to.
9. are you an artist?
10. do you have a creed?
First, do no harm.
11. describe your ideal day.
Wake up, feed dogs, make or drink coffee (depending on whether Walt has been
up first or not), eat, computer, lunch, Atria, nap, cook dinner, watch TV,
write Funny the World, sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat tomorrow.
12. dog person or cat person?
Dog person all the way.
13. inside or outdoors?
Inside, with adjustable temperatures, comfortable places to sit, and indoor
14. are you a musician?
No. I gave BIRTH to musicians and am the daughter and granddaughter of
musicians, but the gene skipped over me.
15. five most influential books over your lifetime.
1. Albert Peyson Terhune's collie books
2. How to Survive the Loss of a Love
3. The Mother Tongue
4. The Outlander Series
5. The Lamplighters history (which ruled my life for many, many years)
16. if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have
turned out the same?
I am very suggestible, so I am certain I would not have. I have always
been a creature of my environment.
17. would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
I would say my "tumblr" is nonexistent.
18. what’s your patron-us?
I'd like to say my patronus is an elephant, but
Mr. Pottermore says it's an Ibizian Hound.
19. which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a
Well of course I'd like to be Gryffindor but I fear I will always be a
20. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere
18th century Scotland.
21. do you love easily?
22. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
1. answering dumb memes like this on the computer (and doing other computer
2. watching TV
5. spending time with my mother
23. how often would you want to see your family every year?
Which part of my family? I see my mother several times a week. I
see Ned every couple of weeks, I see Tom and Jeri a few times a year.
Seeing less of my mother and more of Jeri and Tom would be nice, but
distance determines that.
24. have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
Yeah. Not deliberately, but it is uncanny how often Walt and I are
thinking the same thing.
25. could you live as a hermit?
As long as I could have internet and TV with me.
26. how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
Female, 74 years old. That pretty much describes it.
27. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of
the “real you”?
I'm afraid so.
28. on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your
1 is easy and 10 is difficult? In that case, about 2, depending on the
29. three songs that you connect with right now.
Oh lord, "Till there was you" has been a very annoying ear worm ever
since we saw The Music Man last weekend, though "Sit Down You're
Rocking the Boat" is trying to ear-worm its way in to my head since we saw
Guys and Dolls last night. My head has no room for non-musical
musical numbers any more.
30. pick one of your favorite quotes.
"I always think there's a band, kid."