1. Do you like blue cheese?
Love it. Blue cheese is my favorite salad dressing.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? If yes, how did you quit?
I smoke "A" cigarette in high school. I snuck out and bought a packet
of I think it was Virginia Slims. Got in the car and lit up one
cigarette, decided I hated it, and threw the rest of the pack away. I
never smoked again. (Which is a good thing because of the number of
relatives who have died of smoke-related diseases!)
3. Do you own a gun? How are your feelings about gun control/2nd amendment
NO. I do not own a gun. Yes, we desperately need gun control and
I believe it is possible to have reasonable gun laws without trampling on
someone's 2nd amendment rights.
4. What is your favorite flavor of water or liquor flavors?
I like my water plain and I rarely drink any liquor but do like a glass of
Bailey's now and then.,
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit? Why?
Heavens no I worked in a doctor's office for some 15 years. It's
like coming home
6. How do you like your hot dogs?
With a baseball game in front of them
7. Although it’s been asked a lot, tell us about a favorite movie that you
haven’t shared before.
Oooo perfect question because I've been looking for this very sloppy
sentimental movie from 1951, with Jane Wyman as a woman whose husband dies
in WWI while she is pregnant and then she loses the baby and can't have any
more children so she becomes a nanny. I loved that movie but it's
never shown on TV and I only learned two days ago that it is now out on DVD,
so I've ordered it. I'll probably find out that it's horrible, but I'm
excited right now.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
A pint glass of ice water. Then coffee.
9. In a dating situation, have you ever misrepresented yourself to seem
cooler or hipper? (Yes we know for most of you it was long ago…)
I don't think so but, as you say, it as more than 50 years ago
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Why?
I only wear one necklace, which says "A Grandmother's love is forever."
My granddaughters gave it to me a coule of years ago.
11. Favorite hobby? Tell us about it so we understand it.
Right now it's making pocket letters. I rarely do "crafty" things, but
decorating 9 little plastic pockets and sharing them with someone else, who
is making letters for you is just really a lot of fun.
12. Do you have A.D.D., or have you suspected it?
oh my word, yes. I often feel like the dog in the movie UP
whose head whips around whenever he sees a squirrel.
13. What’s a thing you dislike or
would change about yourself?
Oh I'd love to be my ideal weight...but that ain't gonna happen.
14. Middle name? Like it or not?
15. Name three random thoughts you might have on this week:
Will my mother have another of her spells? Can I stay awake to write the
review of Hunchback of Notre Dame, and what lies will Donald Trump
tell us this week.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Tell us a bit about them.
Water (really), Coffee (Peet's French Roast), and orange juice. I go
through binges of it, especially around Christmas time when we have a crate
of oranges delivered.
17. Current worry:
My mother's dementia, which is worsening
18. Current annoyance:
19. Favorite place to be in the summer? Give us a wee bit more than “the
We haven't done "summer" in a long time. No vacation this year or last
year. I'm not really a beach person and would prefer to stay home.
20. How do you usually ring in the new year? If forced (how we’d do that
without Judd coming to your house, if you even know who he was) to do
something new, what would it be?
Friends of ours have a party where music is played and sung, lobster bisque
is served and, since we are all getting old, by 12:15 we are all home again.
21. What have you done this summer that’s special? Pictures please.
As i said in 19, no summer vacation this year. I feel uncomfortable
being out of town while my mother is going through some uncomfortable stuff
that we need to work out.
22. Have you ever walked into a room with just shoes on?
Probably, but I don't remember when. Normally I don't wear shoes.