Today in My History
To Everything There is a Season
"5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche"
Books Read in 2015
Mirror Site for RSS
The New Brasilian in my life
(his video is here)
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
17 October 2015
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Beyond the Sea (1959)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song
mentions golden sands. When do you think you'll next visit the beach?
Probably all of them, but "Greased Lightning" comes immediately to mind. Then there's "We Go Together..." and "Beauty School Dropout," etc. Grease is one of those shows that I have problems with because of its very bad message (to be accepted you have to become a slut), but I do enjoy the music.
3) Years earlier, Bobby had an ill-fated romance with singer Connie Francis. According to Ms. Francis, Darin wanted to marry her, but her father forbade it. Have you ever had a relationship that your parents disapproved of?
My mother wasn't too happy with Walt at first, but since that relationship has lasted 50 years, she's OK with it now.
4) Bobby was a Renaissance man: Grammy-winning singer, Oscar-nominated actor, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and an excellent chess player. Are you good at chess?
Not at all. I know which way the pieces move, but that's about it.
5) A car buff, he drove a 1960 custom car that was so unique and spectacular it's now in a Detroit museum. The bright red paint was mixed with ground diamonds to ensure that it sparkled in the sun. Each of the four bucket seats had its own ac/heat control and radio speaker. The steering wheel was slightly squared for easier handling. What features would your dream car have?
Built-in WiFi; seat warmers for if it ever gets cold in California again; self-parking, since I have become so inept at it in my old age (used to be an expert parallel parker. Now I can't park correctly to save my soul) I don't really care what the car looks like, as long as it's comfortable inside.
7) When he was just 8 years old, Bobby Darin was stricken with rheumatic fever, and the disease left him with a dangerously weakened heart. Did you spend much time in the hospital when you were a kid?
I only went into the hospital once, to have my tonsils removed, when I was 5 years old. My sister was never hospitalized, but she spent a lot of time at the doctor because of her allergies.
In 1959, when "Beyond the Sea" was popular, Alaska became our
49th state. What comes to mind when you think of Alaska?
9) In 1959, Conair introduced the first hair dryer developed for home use. Is there a hair dryer in your bathroom right now?
I think so. I never use one, but Peggy asked me to buy one for her when she was coming to visit in 2000 and I still have it. I occasionally used it to dry puppies after bathing them.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Adriano from Brasil
love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #5682