Please don't support cruelty to
elephants by attending a circus.
Today in My History
2000: Rosie vs. the Giants
2001: Here Comes the Sun
2003: Same Time Next
2005: More Puppy
2006: I Hate Ned
Vu All Over Again
2008: Gimme Some "Poop Freeze,"
2009: Long Day's Journey Into Night
2010: A Quarter of a Century
2011: Back to
2012: The Pellet with the Poison
"You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
Books Read in 2013
Most Recent on My
4th of July Weekend
Site for RSS Feed:
15 July 2013
This week's questions come from Shopafreakingholic and it was stolen there
as well, but the search doesn't go back any farther.
30. What brand of batteries do you usually get?
Energizer, because that's the brand they sell in bulk at Costco.
31. Are any of your friends pregnant or have kids?
I'm 70. If any of my friends are pregnant, call the Guinness Book of World
Records. Most of my friends have children, though, and some of THEM are too old to
be pregnant too!
32. What is in your medicine cabinet?
My toothbrush and various teeth paraphernalia, creams, and rust.
33. What's your favorite aspect of the natural world?
I love any spectacular thing that I can see from a car, boat, or bus. I might
get out for a waterfall, though.
34. What's your favorite man made thing?
Today? The air conditioner!
35. Can you whistle properly?
Yes, the purse-your-lips kind. The fingers-in-the-mouth kind, no. I'm a
36. What song do you think is the most widely heard in the world?
A toss-up between "Amazing Grace" and "Happy Birthday."
37. Where's the strangest place a fast food restaurant was located?
A Burger King across the street from Windsor Palace.
38. What states surround your state? Or are you not land locked?
Nevada, Oregon, Arizona
39. Do you own binoculars or monoculars? What do you use them for?
Walt has binoculars that he takes to the opera and sometimes to ball games. I
occasionally grab them to see something, but I don't own any myself.
40. Do you ever wish you had a telescope on the roof or attic to stargaze?
Given the steep slope of our roof, uh, no! Not really interested anyway.
41. What's your favorite chocolate bar?
The little known U-No bar, which is almost impossible to find these days.
42. Do you fall asleep easy in cars? How about planes, trains and
I can fall asleep standing in line at the supermarket. It's a big of a problem
if I'm the one driving the car, though.
43. Would you rather live a year of your life in every major country or stay in the
same place you live forever without vacations?
I have seen a lot of the world. I would like to live in one place, like Dublin
or London or maybe even Paris for a year, but definitely not change every year. At
my age, I'm happy staying where I am.
44. What will you not tolerate in a person?
Bigotry, intolerance, homophobia, and singing "itsy bitsy spider" instead
of "eency weency spider."
45. Do you forgive others easier or yourself? Why is this?
Oh yeah. 'Cause I was trained by nuns and I suffer from Catholic guilt (which
is more severe than Jewish guilt)
46. How was God made, if he exists?
Well, if God was made, I'm sure nobody is around who remembers. If God
was made, then s/he's not much of a "God" because something/someone
more powerful was able to make him/her. I'll go with "always was."
47. Have you ever done aqua aerobics or polo?
48. What age were you when you learned how to swim?
I don't remember. My father taught me. Probably around 6-8.
49. What shows or characters scared you as a child?
The Wicked Witch of the West, and a movie called "Queen for a Day," based
on the TV show, which had as one of its contestants a woman whose child had polio and was
in an iron lung. THAT freaked me out. I was terrified of contracting polio.
50. Do you stay up all night on New Years Eve/Day or go to bed after 12 a.m.?
We're lucky to make it to midnight, and are in bed before 12:30.
51. What's something unusual currently in your fridge?
A tube of wasabi and some ginger beer
52. How about your freezer?
Very, very, very old naan bread.
53. What could you be doing now that is more productive?
What?? You mean there is SOMETHING MORE PRODUCTIVE than doing Sunday Stealing?
54. Give me some lyrics from the song that's stuck in your head?
We just came from a Klezmer concert and for some reason Fiddler on the Roof
melodies are running through my head.
55. What's your favorite type of firework?
I really don't like fireworks. If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all, in my
opinion...and they make me angry because of how much they cost when there are so many
homeless, starving people around. Call me a party pooper.