29 October 2012
1) What do you think is the best costume for Halloween?
I don't do costumes so I don't know what is out there, but I like costumes that are
offbeat and original. Walt told me once that his brother wore a white suit and a red
cap and said he was a pimple.
2) What would an alien think of humans if it came to Earth on Halloween?
Probably that they'd found the home planet.
3) Who Would you haunt?
Oh there are probably lots of Republicans that could do with a good haunting.
4) Are you afraid of the dark?
Only of tripping over things, but afraid of "things that go bump in the
night," no. I used to be afraid of stepping on hot wheels or jacks or other
small, sharp toys. Now I'm afraid of stepping in dog puddles (fortunately that
hasn't happened in a long time)
5) Do you pass out candy, or hide with the lights off?
Because of the dogs, who make such a ruckus at the front door, it's easier to hide
with the lights off and pretend we aren't home. The neighborhood doesn't get many
trick or treaters anyway. Most of the kids go downtown and hit businesses during the
6) What Scary movie do you like best?
I don't remember seeing a lot of scary movies. The only movie which actually
made me gasp wasn't necessarily a scary movie; it was Topkapi. I do
remember Invasion of the Body Snatchers, though (the original black and white,
with Kevin McCarthy)
7) If you had to wear a costume for a week, what would you be?
Something soft and comfy.
8) What do you think about Ouija boards?
I've never tried one. I'm sure it's a fun game. I don't believe anybody
from "beyond" would send me a message, though.
9) Have you ever told ghost stories around a fire?
We may have when I went to Girl Scout camp.
10) Trick? or Treat?
Definitely treat. (Snickers, please)
11) Have you ever been in a haunted house?
Not a real one, though Ned and his friend Greg make a great haunted house that we
went to see last year. Fabulous!
12) What would you do if you saw a ghost?
Be very curious. I once interviewed people who live in a house with family
ghosts. By the time I finished my interview I
truly believed in these ghosts!
13) Question 13, should we have skipped this and jumped to 14?
That's so silly. Just skipping the number would just have made #14 really
14) Are you brave enough to walk into a grave yard after dark on Halloween?
Oh sure. We've spent lots of time in the local cemetery after dark. I
don't see why Halloween should be any different.
15) Do you like chocolate?
Is the pope homophobic? Yes, I like chocolate. Preferably milk chocolate
16) Who would look better in a clown costume? Obama or Romney?
Oh, I'd dearly love to see Romney in a Pinocchio costume! Preferably with a
nose that really grew whenever he told a lie.
17) Are you in the path of Frankenstorm?
Nope, but Jeri may be.
18) Post a link to any other blog:
Check Can I Drink the Water by
my friend Judith Epstein. It's a fairly new blog. She writes about her many
trips and offers suggestions for travelers. Right now she and her husband just left
Hong Kong after 3 days and have arrived in Nepal. They will be visiting Nepal and
India. I am looking forward to following her adventures. She takes wonderful