Please don't support cruelty to
elephants by attending a circus.
Today in My History
2000: Room with a View
2003: To Busselton and Back Again
I've Had Better Days
2006: Happy Days
2007: Heard about
2008: Mom 'n' Pop
2010: Getting Over the Guilties
2011: The Whirlwind
"City of Angels"
Books Read in 2012
"How to Live with a Neurotic Dog"
"California's Golden Age"
"Visions of Sugar Plums"
Most Recent on My
The Paul Picnic
Site for RSS Feed:
1 October 2012
21. BIGGEST LIE THAT YOU'VE EVER BEEN TOLD?
After all those years of my father's ire whenever he thought I might be engaging in
hanky panky with a date, it was a HUGE shock to discover he and my mother had not waited
until the wedding night to consummate their relationship. It was HUGE shock that it
took me literally years to recover from. I felt like my whole upbringing had been
based on a lie. (I did eventually get over it!)
22. BLONDES, BRUNETTES, REDHEADS OR BALD?
I was always partial to redheads. Never really knew any redhead well, but I had
a crush in my younger days on Maureen O'Hara and always dreamed of having auburn hair like
23. WHO DO YOU PHONE MOST?
24. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
Other than babysitting, washing bloody test tubes and poopy specimen dishes for a
medical lab (didn't realize then that I would spend most of my working life working in
25. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE SUNDAY STEALING?
Taking a shower, then designing the look for October on this page.
26. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I wouldn't, unless it was to correct some horrible scar from an accident.
27. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Because I do it every week.
28. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
It used to be my hair. Every single time I went to get it cut, all my life, the
cutter would comment on how nice and full and thick and curly my hair was. In the
last 5 years or so, they have stopped doing it, and when I look at pictures of me from
5-10 years ago, I realize that my hair has thinned significantly.
29. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Wouldn't bother me. I rarely drink.
30. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT/HAVE?
This is my least favorite question. Do I have five kids? Do I have three
kids? I usually say "we had five" and hope nobody asks what all
five of them are doing now.
31. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
32. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. I hate it. It used to be better, but now it's sloppy. My
mother, at age 93, has the same wonderful handwriting she has had all of her life.
33. WHEN DID YOU LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY?
On my wedding night.
34. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I would hope so. I'm awesome.
35. DO LOOKS MATTER?
36. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Sigh. I eat.
37. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
I'd say San Francisco, but I still think of there at home. Probably my
"second home" would be London. Seriously. Even though I haven't been
there in years.
38. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Too easily, I think.
39. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Sarcasm is my life.
40. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?