Today in My History
2000: The Funny Side of Death
2001: Rebel Without a Cause
2002: Sick as a Dog
2003: Thru the Looking Glass
2004: Oh, I'm a Failure
2005: Oh THAT's What we Saw
2006: Xenophobia, Alive and Well
2007: But I'm HUNGRY!
2008: Like Riding a Bicycle
2009: The Death of Equality
2010: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Just CALL
Books Read in 2012
"My Reading Life"
Most Recent on My
Barbara, April 2012
HAIKU OF THE DAY
More Sunday Stealing
Why do I do this each week?
Because it's such fun!
Site for RSS Feed:
(Click to play along)
27 May 2012
The Imaginary Meme, Part II
21. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster?
Well, I don't like roller coasters, and I enjoy life but it certainly does have its
ups and downs.
22. Favorite year so far?
Oh Lord, I've lived too many of them to pick just one. Maybe one of the Lawsuit
years, when we loved following the band around...and when all five of our children were
23. Do you consider yourself religious?
I consider myself spiritual, in that I have a relationship with some higher power,
but I don't consider myself religious in the sense of belonging to a specific religion.
24. How do you dress to impress?
25. Have you ever been to Connecticut?
I don't think so, unless we drove through it on the way to somewhere else.
26. Do you eat sushi?
Yes. Love some of it.
27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved?
No. Not interested in a drug high.
28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips??
Didn't watch Idol, so I don't have a clue.
29. Do you believe that animals have souls?
Oh definitely! We once believed that what separated us from the animals was our
ability to use tools. That has since been disproven. Many animals use tools.
We once thought we could not communicate with animals, but look at chimpanzees and
gorillas who have learn to use sign language and who can express their wants and emotions.
And besides, how can you look in the face of an animal and not see a soul there?
I remember the death of our dog Toby. I held him while the vet administered
the drug that would end his life. One minute he was there, the next minute he was
not. He looked the same,but "something" was gone.
30. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare.
My husband, who asked me why the back door of the car was opened.
31. What is one thing that always annoys you?
Mr. McCoy (of the Hatfields and the McCoys)
32. Do you believe in a higher being?
I believe in something greater than ourselves. I don't know how I define it.
33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor?
Not since grammar school and Stephen Calegari
34. Any plans for this weekend?
Not any more. Tom and the family were going to drive up from Santa Barbara to
introduce Lacie (9 mos old) to her great grandmother, but then Brianna got a double ear
infection, so that plan had to be canceled. I'm just as glad we don't have to drive
on the freeway on a holiday weekend. But I'm also disappointed at my mother missing
out again on meeting her new great grandchild.
35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could?
Good lord, no!!!
36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals?
Absolutely adore it. Especially elephants, whales, horses, dogs. But
really I enjoy learning about any animal.
37. What's the difference between love and/or lust?
38. Do you have a soul?
Well, if I believe animals have souls, I sure as heck believe I have a soul!
39. One best friend or many good friends?
One best friend who lives close enough to see frequently. If I can't have that,
many good friends. If I can't have that, a few casual friends.
40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion?
I don't know enough about the science (true or false) involved in it to form an