Today in My History
World, I Want to Get Off
2001: Good Bye,
2003: I Can
Be Easily Manipulated
Lifetime of Memories, Part 2
2005: My Life in
a Shopping Cart
2006: Time for a Puppy Update
2008: Believe It
2009: Boxes and Boxes
2010: Some Goodbyes
2011: You Can
Go Home Again
"The Music Man"
Books Read in 2012
"Code Name Verity"
Most Recent on My
Site for RSS Feed:
12 August 2012
Oh, you've missed memes, haven't you! This is called the
Useless Questions Meme from Sunday Stealing.
· Have you ever written a song?
Well, several, actually. Not the music, but the lyrics, starting with a
collaboration with my father when I was quite young, then lots of song parodies for
various Gilbert & Sullivan productions.
· Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
Not to use, but if you are ever in the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, a visit to the
men's room is a MUST. Walt was my look-out
· Are you superstitious?
Not really. I think superstitious thoughts, but I never act based on
· Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?
My mother never told me that I had a special blanket (3 of our kids did) so no, I
don't still sleep with it (it would be pretty ratty now, nearly 70 years old!)
· Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, howd it work out?
I can barely even style my hair, so no, I've never tried to cut it.
· Have you ever sleepwalked?
Not that I know of.
· If you could be any age, what age would you be?
Young enough to make changes in my lifestyle, old enough to know most of the lessons
I've learned over the years!
· What is your dream car?
I have no dream car per se. Something comfortable, roomy, air conditioned, with
good sound system, that runs reliably. Is that too much to ask?
· What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
Bambi. My favorite tear jerker. I had hoped to watch it with
Brianna when we gave it to her for Christmas, but never got that chance.
· If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
Try to remember everything I've ever seen on TV about people who survive being in a
car sinking in a lake and how they did it.
· Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, from the end of the charity bike ride where I fell to Kaiser Hospital.
· How many foreign countries have you visited?
I think the final count is 19: Canada, Mexico, Australia, England, Ireland,
Scotland, France, Monaco, Italy, Russia, Finland, Estonia, China, Hungary, The Czech
Republic, Austria, Germany, Slovakia, The Netherlands
· If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
From what I understand, the more you move, the faster you sink, so I'd go for
· Do you talk in your sleep?
I've never stayed awake to find out.
· Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
No, but the older I get the more worried I get about it.
· If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?
· Have you ever re-gifted?
Sure. Not often, but occasionally.
· If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?
Platform diving, because I know something about it and wouldn't feel so out of it.
It would also be fun to attend an equestrian event.
· If you could participate in an Olympic Event, what would it be?
Is there a channel surfing event?
· If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?
Some sort of a computer store.
· What do you think is your best feature?
It used to be my hair, but I think that as I'm aging, it's changing. It's been
a few years since a hair cutter has remarked about how wonderful my hair is -- and that
used to happen every time I went for a cut.
· If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?
Surely a comedy, or a warm-hearted dog movie. I'd be a good Benji Mom.
· Which of the five senses is most important to you?
Probably hearing, since there are a lot of things that hearing can compensate for
that seeing can't (can't read? Listen to a book, for example)
· Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
A singer, but only because I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I used to
sing in choruses, but don't seem to have the voice any more.
· How many years will/did you end up going to college?
I was enrolled for a year and a half. I actually participated for a semester.
· Have you ever had surgery?
Tonsillectomy when I was 4 years old.
· What do you like to collect?
I buy postcards and magnets when we travel, but I don't think of myself as a
· How many collectibles do you have?
"Collectibles" meaning something that are actually worth something
financially, no. "Collectibles" in stuff that you pick up as you travel,
lots...none worth anything monetarily.
Lots of Europe pix finally uploaded to Flickr. Check left-hand