Today in My History
2001: No Gen-D I
2002: Tour d'Alameda
2003: Oscar Goes to War
2004: Scarf that Sucker Down
2005: We Have Urine!!!
2006: "I'll Do It"
2007: Pay It Forward
2009: Harry and Grandma
2010: A Difficult Assignment
9 to 5
Books Read in 2011
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
Most Recent on MyThe Funeral Trip
Mirror Site for RSS Feed
Airy Persiflage My Compassion Kids (new 3/14)
Postcrossing Postcards (new 3/18)
25 March 2011
I loved this one, stolen from Kwizgiver. It's "60 things you might not know about me."
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? I don't have a clue. I think nothing. It is still at the body shop being repaired, though it should be back tonight.
2. When was the last time you threw up? Maybe a month ago? I had been feeling "odd" and suddenly there I was. Once I threw up, I was fine.
3. What's your favorite word or phrase? My favorite word, at least the one I use most often, is probably 4-letters. But for phrases I do like "I always think there's a band, kid."
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Do 4-footed people count?
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sitting right here checking stuff on the Internet.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? See above
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Yes. Read "My Life in the Fleshpots of San Francisco."
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Do you want dinner?" (asked of the dogs, who were very happy when I asked them)
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? I make a vanilla malt with chocolate chips that is to die for
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? coffee
12. What are you wearing right now? Sweat pants, a "two dads are better than none" t-shirt, my Partridge Litigation Support sweatshirt (which, sadly, is starting to look old and raggedy, I've worn it so much!) and jelly belly sox.
13. What was the last thing you ate? Trader Joe's mini oatmeal cookies.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yes. Ordered sox from The Joy of Socks web site this morning.
15. When was the last time you ran? ran? Surely you jest!
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? the World Series
17. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Africa or the inland passage to Alaska
19. Ever go camping? yes, and I don't ever need to go again
20. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? I think so, but I don't remember what.
22. What is your guilty pleasure? Breakfast at Jack in the Box (sausage and cheese biscuit and orange juice)
23. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? Not a lot, but some
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? I don't usually drink soft drinks, and when I do, it's about half and half. I like the feeling of the ice in the drink on my teeth, but if it's a paper cup with a lid on it, I'll use a straw.
25. What did your last text message say? "Yay." (Walt had just texted to say that our car would be ready to be picked up today)
26. Are you someone's best friend? I hope so.
27. What are you doing tomorrow? basically the same thing I did today
28. Where is your mom right now? In her house, 80 miles away, probably playing solitaire.
29. Look to your left, what do you see? My little office TV, showing an Elizabeth Taylor retrospective
30. What color is your watch? I don't wear a watch
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Peggy
32. Ever ridden on a roller coaster? yes, and once was definitely enough
33. Birthstone? amethyst
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through? If I'm by myself, the drive thru; if I'm with Walt, we go in.
35. Do you have any friends on facebook that you actually hate? Isn't that a contradiction in terms? I do have friends that I like less than others.
36. Who is the last person you wrote a snail mail letter to? A woman named Phyllis, whom I found on a pen pal site. I wrote a first letter to her yesterday.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? Someone from the fraud detection unit of my bank...everything was OK, but they called literally FIVE minutes after I placed the order for socks.
38. Have you met anyone famous? yes, several people -- Judy Garland, Carol Channing, Theodore Bikel, Tipper Gore, Harlan Ellison, Michael Connelly, the dog that played Sandy in a traveling production of Annie...and a few others.
39. Any plans today? We're going out to dinner at a Thai restaurant which is donating part of the proceeds to Japan earthquake relief.
40. From whom did you get this? Kwizgiver
41. Are you happy? more or less -- and rather more than less
42. Where are you right now? sitting at my desk in my home office
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? A toss-up between Charlie Sheen, and the fact that you can't buy roses that smell like real roses any more.
44. Last song listened to? The song Ned wrote for Brianna's 2nd birthday, which has become an ear worm.
45. Last movie you saw? The King's Voice
46. Are you allergic to anything? not that I know of.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? SAS loafers
48. Are you jealous of anyone? my sister-in-law, who is about to do something that I have wanted to do for years.
49. Are you married? yes, for 45 years
50. Is anyone jealous of you? I doubt it
51. What time is it? 10:21 a.m.
52. Do any of your friends have children? almost all of them do
53. Do you eat healthy? rarely
54. What do you usually do during the day? stuff on the computer, sometimes frivolous, sometimes actually "working."
55. Do you hate anyone right now? no, I don't hate anyone
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? no.
57. How many kids do you want when you're older? Older than 68? I think that ship sailed years ago!!!
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 69
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo. Once, I believe. I went for the animals, not the rides.
60. How did you get one of your scars? Carrying a box with my friend Madelyn, in high school. A nail sticking out of the side cut me on the arm. I can't seem to find the scar now, but it was there for years.
PHOTO OF THE DAY