Today in My History'Tis the Season
2001: Ghost of Christmas Past
2002: Behind Closed Doors
2003: Out, Out, Brief Candle
2004: O Come, All Y e Faithful
2005: Not to Sound like Scrooge or anything...
2006: Christmas Memories
2008: I Want an Elf
2009: Steppe by Steppe
2010: Computers Make Me Want to Cry
Our Christmas letter 2011
"Every Christmas Story Ever Told"
Books Read in 2011
"A Horse's Tale"
VIDEO OF THE DAY/WEEK
Most Recent on My
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
My Compassion Kids
The Pen Pal Project
WISH LIST -- AND OTHER STUFF
8 December, 2011
Oh dear. Well, this is going to be a short entry into the Holiday Blog Challenge because there really is nothing I have on a list to send off to the North Pole. I just want the same ol' things I want every year -- world peace and a clean house. Actually downstairs isn't as bad as it usually is, thanks to Walt taking on the lion's share of the cleaning which shames me into doing more myself. I haven't had a pile of unfolded laundry on the dryer ever since we got the new washing machine. Yay me!
As for world peace, well ... doesn't look like 2012 is the year for it either! Sigh.
I want our kids to be healthy and happy, I want our granddaughters to be healthy and happy. I want the dogs to stop peeing in the living room (like that is going to happen), but ever the optimist, I give thanks that dog urine is SO much easier to clean off of Pergo and the smell doesn't linger. (I also give thanks for room fresheners).
But really there are no do-dads or gee-gaws or trinkets or anything tangible on my list. SO, since I have really nothing to contribute to this topic, how about a Christmas meme?
1. Worst Christmas song?
2. If you were a Christmas character, who would you be?
3. What type of decoration should stop being made?
4. Tastiest holiday treat?
5. Favorite pop culture/stereotypical Christmas icon?
6. Know how to make cookies/brownies/cake from scratch?
7. Ever cut your mouth on a candy cane?
8. What other culture would you like to experience Christmas with?
9. What kind of pattern/pictures do you like on your wrapping paper?
10. Will you make a Christmas picture for your blog/website/profile?
11. Three best things about Christmas?
PHOTO OF THE DAY
My mother took me to lunch today. We each had a crab cake