THE FOURS MEME
18 December 2005
Well, good ol' Mary has come up with another fun sounding meme.
A. FOUR JOBS
YOUVE HAD IN YOUR LIFE:
* Typing service typist
* Medical Transcriptionist
* Medical Office Manager
* Theatre Critic
#1 led to #2, which led to
#3. #4 came out of the blue, but is the most fun.
B. FOUR MOVIES YOU
COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
* A Star Is Born
(Judy Garland version). But then you knew that already, right? I've seen it
more times than I can begin to count.
* Affair to Remember. I'm a sucker for sloppy sentiment, and it
doesn't get more sloppy or sentimental than this movie. I can work up a good cry
just seeing the last 5 minutes of that movie.
* Shadowlands. Haven't seen this movie as often as the first two,
because it doesn't come on TV all that much (and I don't think to pull out the DVD), but
here's another sloppy sentimental movie that I really love.
* North by Northwest. One of Hitchcock's best.
C. FOUR CITIES
YOUVE LIVED IN:
* San Francisco - I
was born there and lived there till I was 18.
* Berkeley - I moved there when I enrolled in UC Berkeley. I lived
in a dorm, then an apartment by myself, then an apartment with my friend Gerry, then I
shared a house with Mike and Char, then moved into an apartment on my own, then into a
different apartment after Walt and I were married
* Albany - Our first rental house. Albany is just on the north side of
Berkeley. I was pregnant with Ned when we moved in and pregnant with Paul
when we moved out.
* Oakland - Our first bought house. We paid a whopping $18,000 for it and
thought we were being terribly extravagant.
* Davis - Moved here in 1973.
(Yes, I know that's five,
but since I've only lived in five cities in my life, I decided to list them all.
I've never lived more than 80 miles from where I was born.)
D. FOUR TV SHOWS
YOU LOVE TO WATCH (Current, On-Air shows)
* West Wing
(though what's going to happen now that John Spencer has died?)
* Desperate Housewives
* The Daily Show
E. FOUR PLACES
YOUVE BEEN ON VACATION:
I'll do the more exciting
* England - I never
dreamed I'd ever visit a foreign country, because I thought that was something only rich
people did. I remember being absolutely amazed when we actually set foot on
* Ireland - Going home again to the land I'd never visited before.
Amazing how thrilled I felt crossing the Irish sea and seeing Dublin off in the distance.
I've been to Ireland several times now and it still feels like going back to a
* Scotland - We've been there twice, but the most fun was when we went to
Orkney, 'cause who the heck ever goes to ORKNEY?
* Australia - My dream trip. First time to travel out of the country
by myself, "Thelma and Louise reunite" for more adventures in a different
country. I fell in love with the country, with the azure blue of the Indian ocean,
the wild kangaroos in the bush, the wildflowers and the laid-back lifestyle. I miss
F. FOUR WEBSITES
YOU VISIT DAILY:
* Senior Net for discussion with people my own age, who, for
the most part, can spell.
* The BonusRound discussion
board to see what Ned's spouting off about now.
* Google Reader to see what new
videos have been posted during the day.
* My own, of course (this one and the Blogspot one) to check guestbook and post new
G. FOUR OF YOUR
ALL-TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANTS:
* Joe's Crab Shack, in Old
Sacramento - not because the food is so great, but because they serve crab and
you can hardly get that in the Sacramento Valley!
* Greens - my favorite place to take guests for lunch in San Francisco. It's
a gourmet vegetarian restaurant under the auspices of the San Francisco Zen Center.
* Osaka Sushi - where we go for birthday dinners in Davis.
* The Spinnaker - a great fish restaurant in Sausalito, on San Francisco Bay, with
terrific food (more great crab) and a gorgeous view of San Francisco.
H. FOUR OF YOUR
* Fresh cracked dungeness
crab, unadorned, but if it's hot, I might use a bit of melted butter.
Mostly, though, plain is best.
* Chocolate. Of course.
* Roast leg of lamb
* Cheesecake, just about any kind
I. FOUR SCHOOLS
* St. Brigid Grammar
School, in San Francisco.
* St. Vincent High School, in San Francisco. (my favorite of the 4)
* University of San Francisco night school
* University of California, Berkeley
J. FOUR PLACES
ID RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
* Having coffee at
Hillary's Marina, on the Indian Ocean, watching the seagulls attack other people's
* Mayo Abby, County Mayo, Ireland, because we had such a wonderful time when we were
* Cruising up the Inland Passage to Alaska (though not when it's the start of
* Anywhere that does NOT have a stack of transcription in it.
K. FOUR THINGS YOU
FIND YOURSELF SAYING A LOT:
* Hey, you guys...
* You want dinner? huh? You want dinner? Dinner? (I've
been spending too much time with dogs lately!)
* I really have to get some transcription done.
* God, I hate that man. (guess who!)