I now have three from my CompuServe friend MGGM
WHAT I'M READING...
My Amazon wish list
WHAT I'M WATCHING...
Charlie Brown Christmas
If anybody is looking for an alternative place to donate money this season, I'm not going to make a big pitch this year because you were all so incredibly generous last year, and I don't want to feel that I'm taking advantage of anybody, but Priscilla is again saddled with her 5 grandchildren, is being operated on for her rectal cancer on December 10, and all the resources for Christmas assistance have dried up. Our family is "adopting" her family this year, but if anybody would like to make a donation for her Christmas, it can be sent to
and be sure to say that it's for Priscilla, since they are working on finding Christmas assistance for a lot of people.
(I'm including the BB address because I'm uncomfortable that people might think I'm using the money for myself or something.)
That's it for today!
LAZY WAY OUT
7 December 2001
It was a fairly quiet day today. Didn't do much of any interest at all, so I decided to cheat on this journal entry and take a page from mechaieh's windowseat and describe the following things...getting to know me much too intimately:
* wallet: I have a wonderful brown leather wallet that Peggy bought me for Christmas last year, after watching me deal with my old wallet, which was falling apart when we were traveling around the countryside.
* hairbrush: I like a very stiff bristle. Love having my scalp scratched. I don't like those plastic tipped things, though if there is nothing else available, I'll use one--it's better than a soft natural bristle brush.
* toothbrush: Whatever my dentist gives me at my every 4 months checkup. It's a pretty plain vanilla variety, and this time around, pink.
* jewelry worn daily: Same things every day. A pair of opal earrings and an opal necklace that Peggy sent for my birthday. Also my wristwatch and rings.
* socks: Yes. Usually something black. Since I wear clunky shoes, I have to wear sox, not stockings. I don't think I own any pantyhose at the moment. Some of the best sox I have came from Australian Wildlife Association.
* pillow cover: Don't use a pillow right now.
* duvet: I'm not using a duvet, but a blanket that Marta and Ned bought for me a couple of Christmases ago and a crocheted blanket that a friend made for me, colored with rainbow swirls.
* sunglasses: No name brand for me. Since I'm blind as a bat and don't want to shell out for prescription sunglasses, I buy the kind that fit over your regular glasses. They're quite comfortable and provide protection not only for the front part of your eyes, but for the side as well.
* underwear: Nothing frilly. Plain boring ol' cotton undies. Occasionally in a color, but usually just white.
* shoes: As I said, clunky. I had some foot problems many years ago and the podiatrist put me in "comfortable shoes." I discovered that my feet were happy for the first time in my life, so I've just stayed in these shoes. I used to wear Easy Spirits, but they stopped carrying my size, so now I'm in SAS. In the summer, I wear Birkinstocks. Don't usually have more than one pair of shoes going at a time. No Imelda Marcos here.
* handbag: I use the same handbag, and right now it's falling apart. It's one of those kind that look like a boda bag and are supposed to be easier on your shoulders. Problem is I usually load it up with too much stuff. At the moment, the zipper is splitting and one pocket has ripped and is threadbare and I'm trying to justify the $60 expense to replace it!
* keychain: My keychain makes people smile, but I've used it so long I don't even think anything of it. It is from the Mustang Ranch, a house of prostitution in Nevada and says something like "ask for Bev." I used to work for a woman whose husband owned a novelty shop in Old Sacramento and for Christmas one year, she gave all of us Mustang Ranch keychains. I once lost my keys at Costco and it took them a long time to bring them back to me because they were showing the keychain around to all the clerks and giggling about it.
* favourite top: Hot fudge. Oh. You mean clothes. OK. I have this soft cotton top that's white and has pictures of children on it--kind of like what you would cut out of paper in a people chain. I like it, and almost every time I wear it, someone compliments me on it. Favorite "dressy" top would be a red suit jacket. I've had very nice response to wearing that as well.
* favourite pants: Black. Soft. Stretch band. What more could a zoftig figure ask for?
* cd in stereo right now: John Denver's Christmas Concert from Washington, DC. (usually it's Steve's "Bonus Round Sessions")
* tattoos: Oh please. Ick! Not for me.
* piercings: Just two. One in each earlobe.
Now wasn't that nice and boring?
One Year Ago:
In a Fog
(Club Photo has started