31 July 2022
Hi! Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT:
The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the
blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most
interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd
Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you could, and why?
Every time I am asked this question, I think back over the things in my life
that I wish had been different, but then I think of the good things that
resulted from that bad thing, so there is nothing I would change. E.g., if
Paul had not died, I would never have met
who became one of my best friends and who introduced me to a whole different
Gilbert had not died, I would never have written a book.
2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it
be and how old would your younger self be when they got it? Do you think your
younger self would listen?
I think we just answered this question yesterday in Saturday 9. My answer
3) Would you be any good on Survivor?
Oh lord, I'd be terrible. I'd definitely be the first one voted off.
4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you?
Wear seat belts in the car.
5) What would you like to say to people in the future?
Well, I hope I could say that presidents can't get away with crime
6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout?
Stuffed eggs and cookies
7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week?
More than usual (I rarely go out). We ate lunch outside with Walt's cousin
and his wife, we went out in the car to meet a new dog, we went to an outdoor
wedding reception. I also went to Kaiser to have my big toenail removed.
That's probably more "outdoors" time than I've had in months.
8) Where do you set your thermostat?
76. We used to have it much higher in the summer, becausse downstairs
stays pretty cool, but now that Ned and Marta live here and Marta works from
home, we have to have the a/c set lower to make it bearable for her.
9) How did you learn to swim?
My father taught me
10) How do you avoid overheating?
I have a small fan by my recliner and one by my desk, and if it's hot, I turn
those on and they keep me cool.
11). What are you going to do this weekend?
Preparing for and then going to get our new dog, Bubbles ! I'm also going
to be spending a lot of time soaking my foot, since I had to have my big
toenail removed yesterday.
12) What’s your favorite way to spend time?
Reading or watching TV
13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of?
(That's a Pooh bear that was first given to Jeri about 53 years ago that has
been loved by each of our kids and is now too limp to sit up, so he is kept on
display in a mayonnaise jar in the living room...the one thing I'd save in the
event of a fire!)
14) Have you started planning your next vacation?
No. Other than maybe going to Santa Barbara next month, since we missed
Tom's birthday party because of COVID.
15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or
is it one and the same to you?
I am a professional relaxer