16 October 2021
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What
we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the
questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions,"
so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a
comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules.
We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Livin' La Vida Loca (1999)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?
Hear it here.
1) Ricky Martin sings that he and
the girl dance in the rain. Do you feel like dancing this morning?
Since this is one of those mornings where I need to lean heavily on my cane to
make it to the bathroom....no!
2) The lyrics tell us the girl prefers champagne. When did you last enjoy a
glass of the bubbly?
I can't remember. Maybe 2 years ago at Char's birthday party. But we
are going to a Champagne Gala on Sunday and they are giving small bottles of
champagne to everyone, so maybe I'll have some when we get home. Or not.
3) When Ricky first heard "Livin' La Vida Loca," he imagined the subject of
the song was a "Bond girl," the glamorous love interest of James Bond in the
movies. Since 1962, there have been more than 20 Bond films. Have you seen
any/many of them? Do you have a favorite Bond?
I have seen some. I can't remember which, but I do know that I saw Dr.
No. I loved Sean Connery and was very impressed with Daniel Craig.
I would love to see Sam Heughan take on the role, but that's not likely.
4) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he'd sing in the
family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits
to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts,
what did you use as a microphone?
I don't think I ever gave imaginary concerts. But I did do awful
operatic arias while washing the dishes at night.
5) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How
old were you when you received your first paycheck?
Not sure. I was in grammar school so probably 13?
6) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?
No. My dentist (who is also a friend) keeps telling me I should try it,
but I have never taken her up on it. (Maybe if I did yoga I wouldn't need
a cane to get to the bathroom...)
7) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When
you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?
Escargot. I actually had escargot once and it wasn't nearly as bad as I
thought it would be. In fact, we ordered seconds.
8) Ricky once had his own restaurant, Casa Salsa, in Miami Beach. Have you
ever worked in food service?
9) Random question: What is your best quality?
I guess my best quality is my sense of humor, or my compassion.