10 January 2021
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
League of Extraordinary Penpals
1. What are your plans for January?
So far, the only thing on our calendar for January is my dental appointment
yesterday. Looks like it's going to be a boring month!
2. What do you want to see happen in 2021?
I want to see the coronavirus gone. I want to be able to go to a
restaurant, to go to see my mother, to go to a movie in the theater, to see live
theater again. And I don't want to see Donald Trump at all.
3. What would you give a 5 star rating?
Word Chum, the Facebook scrabble game that lets me play on-line scrabble with my
granddaughters and Jeri and includes a chat option. And now that I have a
camera for my desk top, I'd give 5 stars to Zoom.
4. Do you have writing goals for 2021?
Just to keep up with answering my pen pal letters.
5. How do you feel about memoirs?
I enjoy memoirs. I read more memoirs last year than anything else.
Some writers are better than others (Ree Drummond not so good; Kate Mulgrew
6. If you could join any musical group who would you choose?
Well, I have no voice any more, but it would be fun to join a good choir.
7. What are your favorite genres across all media?
Crime/drama. Most of the books I read and TV programs I watch are
8. What candle scents are your favorite?
9. How well can you mimic other accents or voices?
I'm terrible at mimicking accents.
10. What books are on your TBR list in 2021?
For starters --
*Murder on the Orpheum Circuit (Jim Brochu)
*The Great Escape from Woodlands Nursing Home (Joanna Nell)
*Hannah's Dream (Diane Hamond)
*Bag Man (Rachel Maddow)
*Bridgerton (Julia Quinn)
*Mrs. Kennedy and Me (Clint Hill)
11. When do you decide it’s time to upgrade/buy something new?
I am not eager to upgrade or buy new. Once I am comfortable with something
I put off and put off and put off buying something new (specifically computers!)
12. Why is your favorite color your favorite color?
It's red. I don't know if it has always been red, but learning that red
was Judy Garland's favorite color, back in 1954, helped me make that my favorite
color -- but the blue-ish red, not the orange-ish red
13. Who understands you the best?
Probably my friend Char.
14. Do you write letters?
I write lots of letters. I have many pen pals.
15. How do you keep going when times are hard?
One day at a time. Sometimes just one minute at a time.