Today in My History
Bev's 65 x 365
Cast (updated 7/16)
13 February 2021
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Taken from ESL Conversations
1. What is the meaning of Valentine’s Day
in your country/area? What happens on this day?
2. Is Valentine’s Day more for men or
women? Explain your answer.
3. Do you have any special plans for
Valentine’s Day? What will you do?
4. Which traditional gift would you
rather receive: chocolates, flowers, or a card with a personal message?
5. Is Valentine’s Day only about romantic
love? Or is it a good occasion to celebrate friendship as well?
6. Do you like romantic movies? What is
your favorite romantic movie?
7. Have you ever received a Valentine’s
Day card or gift from a secret admirer? How did it make you feel?
8. Is Valentine’s Day the most romantic
day of the year? If not, what day is?
9. Valentine’s Day is promoted by
companies whose only interest is making money. Discuss whether you agree or
10. Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day
11. How should a single person spend
Valentine’s Day? What do you suggest?
12. Do you enjoy playing cupid? Do you
try to introduce people in the hope they will make a love match?
13. Some restaurants charge higher prices
on Valentine’s Day. Are you willing to pay more to dine out on this day?
14. Is a romantic gesture more powerful
on Valentine’s Day or on another day of the year?
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment! (Comments show up after I
This is entry #7629