Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this video, Jon Bon Jovi recalls decorating the tree with Cindy Crawford. They took turns wearing a Santa hat. Will anyone in your household be donning a Santa hat this season?
2) He sings of the salutations he's received from
friends and relatives. Have you received many holiday cards this year?
I don't send out cards, but post a Christmas letter on line and send a link to my friends, so we don't normally receive cards from friends, but with so many pen pals, I have received a lot more cards this year than usual.
3) Will you wrap many presents? Or do you prefer to use gift bags?
I kind of like to wrap gifts, but if they are an odd size, love that I have the option of using a bag.
4) Jon Bon Jovi says he and Frank Sinatra are distant relatives. Do you believe that musicality is a genetic gift, or that it can be taught?
I don't think this is an either/or situation. My grandparents were professional musicians, my father was a professional piano player, my children are all musicians (my daughter teaches music at Berklee college of music; 3 of the kids were in a band for 10 years), and I am not musical at all
5) Jon is such a big Star Wars fan that he wrote a carol called "R2-D2: We Wish You a Merry Christmas." There a dozen Star Wars movies. How many have you seen?
I saw the first one. I slept through the second one and I have been to a few of the others with my son and his daughters, but never really paid much attention. Not a Star Wars fan...more into Star Trek.
6) Jon once guest-starred as Carrie's love interest
in an episode of Sex and the City, the popular HBO sitcom set in
New York. The new reboot, And Just Like That, also centers around
NYC life. Where does your favorite TV show take place?
My favorite shows are medical shows, so Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta, Vancouver, and New York City.
7) Jon met his wife, Dorothea, when they were still in high school. Do you remember who you wanted to marry when you were in high school?
My first was my boyfriend for 3 years, until he became a Jesuit. I was never boyfriend with the second long enough to want to marry him (and suspect he was gay). By the end of high school, I was preparing to enter the convent.
8) At Christmastime 1992, when this song was released, toys that tied into Disney's Little Mermaid were very popular. Have you purchased toys for anyone on your gift list this year?
A couple of games; no "toys."
9) Jon recorded "Please Come Home for Christmas" to benefit The Special Olympics. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.
Two. Compassion, Int'l and the Sheldrick Wildlife trust