12 December 2021
Hi! Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This
feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types
of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we
will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past
hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud). Cheers to
all of us thieves!
1. Have you ever been caught
outdoors away from shelter during a thunderstorm?
Yes. We were in a ghost town and a storm broke out, with lightning hitting
the ground around us. We found shelter in an old outhouse.
(I'm the one standing outside in the lightning taking the photo)
2. Did you ever build furniture
forts as a child?
Sure. Didn't everyone?
3. Do you use any medicines daily?
4. When was the last time you used a disposable camera?
We had one of those cameras that you took picture and then sent the camera back
to the supplier, then they developed the film and sent the pictures back to you
with a new camera. This was in the 1950s.
5. When was the last time you flew on a plane?
The last flight I remember was in 2015, flying home from Venice.
6. How many first cousins do you have?
32. I don't know most of them and my best cousin friends have all died.
7. What�s the longest period of time you�ve gone without sleep?
Probably 1999, after Paul died. I could not sleep for a couple of days.
8. Did the house you grew up in have a big yard?
No. I grew up in a flat in San Francisco. It had a small concrete
yard where my mother could hang her laundry.
9. What has been the most difficult class you�ve ever taken?
Physics. I think I failed it. Ironic that I ended up working 4 years
for the Physics Department at UC Berkeley.
10. What�s something that�s much more difficult than a lot of people realize?
Making conversation with a stranger.
11. What are some things a house would need to have for you to purchase it?
A full time maid, a pool and garden with a full time gardener, a huge kitchen, a
library, and cost under $100,000.
12. Would you ever go out in public wearing pajamas?
I've actually thought about it, during this pandemic, when I spend so much time
wearing pjs. The only time I DID go out in public in pjs was when driving
a guest to the train station early in the morning . This was before cell
phones so when the car died on the way home, I had to go knock on apartment
doors to see if I could borrow someone's phone to call my husband.
13. Have you ever had a lemonade stand?
I think I did a few times in San Francisco.
14. Do you think you look older or younger than your real age?
Depends. When my mother still had her brain and I would take her to the
doctor, people would ask if we were sisters. I'm not sure if that's
because I looked so old or because she looked so young. Basically
comparing my photo to a lot of people my age (almost 79), I think I look
(Do we look 78 and 102?)
15. Where have you lived
throughout your life?