Today in My History
Boy with Pink Hair
Bev's 65 x 365
Cast (updated 7/16)
24 April 2021
It is an amazing coincidence that my journal entry for yesterday was all about Cher!!
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is
that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a
theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks
we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other
participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is
your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme.
ALL I EVER NEED IS YOU (1971)
1) The lyrics tell us that some men search for silver, some
for gold. Are you wearing either silver or gold right now?
2) This song was a top 20 hit in the United States but sold
much better in Canada. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think
of our neighbor to the North?
3) It's performed by one of pop's most successful duos, Sonny
and Cher. Can you name another duo that made hit records?
4) In addition to their recording career, Sonny and Cher were
TV stars. In a recurring sketch on their variety show, Cher played a "v-a-m-p:
VAMP!" These characters were always sexy and seductive. Do you consider yourself
a good flirt?
6) Sonny first became Mayor of Palm Springs, and then represented the district in Congress. The city erected a statue in Sonny's memory. Tell us about a statue or monument in your town.
The city calls this the E Street Plaza, but to us it's "Paul Plaza" because the performing area is dedicated to our son and has lots of bricks engraved for him.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Lacie's "library." Reading to her stuffies.
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment! (Comments show up after I
This is entry #7701