September 5, 2020
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post
9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other
times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random
questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and
leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate
rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Work Hard, Play Harder (2009)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
1) We're celebrating the last holiday
of summer by going country. Who is your favorite country music artist?
I don't really know any country music artists, though I like Trisha Yearwood
because of her cooking show on The Food Network. I also liked Johnny Cash.
2) Gretchen Wilson sings that on Tuesdays, she gets up before dawn. This
morning, did you awaken on your own, or did you need an alarm clock?
I haven't needed an alarm clock in decades. It would be nice to sleep long
enough to need an alarm clock to wake up.
3) She tells us that she doesn't waste her time on manicures or spay tans. How
about you? Have you recently spent any money at the salon?
I have been to a salon twice -- in 1965 before my wedding and in 2006, before my
4) She sings that she's the first to clock in at work. Have you ever worked a
job that required you to punch a time clock?
5) Gretchen Wilson says she is a big fan of McDonald's and tries to eat there
once a day when she's on tour. In terms of sales, America's 3 most popular
fast-food lunch destinations are McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway. If you could
choose a gift card to one of those three, which would you select?
I guess Subway.
6) Gretchen has endorsed Redneck Riviera Whiskey. What's your favorite adult
I am a water drinker. I don't drink alcohol.
Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the
American worker …
Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss?
Often. I was my own boss when I was a cake decorator, and when I was a
medical transcriptionist (for 30 years). Now I am more or less my own boss
as a theater critic. (I was often also employed by someone else while I
was my own boss doing something else)
8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a
boss. Are you one of the 50%?
Oh lord, yes. I worked part time for an attorney who drove me nuts and I
was thrilled the day I decided to leave the job.
9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job
that required you to be outdoors most of the time?