October 11, 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Stolen from several sets of questions
1. Can you cry under water?
I don't know. I've never tried. But I think if I was sad, I would be
able to cry in the shower.
2. What is the fattest thing you’ve ever done?
My mother used to make hockies for breakfast. Hockies are fried bread
dough served with lots of butter. My sister and I used to have contests to
see who could eat the most. I think I won the day I ate 13 of them, which
tells you why I was on my first diet when I was 10.
3. If you’re going to be arrested what do you want your crime
Some sort of civil disobedience.
4. When they say dog food is “new and improved” who tastes it?
Not me for sure. Maybe Rachael Ray.
5. What’s the ugliest thing you’ve ever seen?
A thorny devil, which I saw in Australia.
6. Why doesn’t glue stick to its bottle?
It does, if you leave the cap off and air gets into the bottle.
7. What historical event do you wish you’d witnessed?
The famous historical events all seem to be war-related. I'd prefer
something like the original productions of Gilbert & Sullivan operettas at the
Savoy Theater in London (an historical event I can witness while sitting down!)
8. Who has had the best influence on your life?
I think my typing teacher, Sister Anne, who taught me when I was a junior in
high school and remained my friend throughout my life until her death some 25
years ago. She not only taught me office skills, but I also worked with
her on ministering to the people in the low-income neighborhood around the
9. Would you rather go into space or to Antarctica?
Definitely Antarctica. I don't even like to fly.
10. Would you rather sleep with no pillow or no blankets?
I often sleep without blankets, but would have a difficult time sleeping without
11. What's your favorite rain memory?
Sitting in the bay window of our flat in San Francisco, watching tourists trying
to drive up our steep hill in the rain, coming to a stop sign at the very top.
Watched a lot of cars back down the hill and drive somewhere else. (Bill
Cosby did a great bit about driving on hills like ours in San Francisco)
12. If you were elected president, what is the first thing you
Wow. So much to choose from. If Biden is elected, I feel sorry for
him. Overturn all of the regulations #45 put in place that have
contributed to climate change, try to get kidnapped children back to their
parents, strengthen the Affordable Care Act, and make sure #45 is prosecuted for
all the crimes he has been accused of. For starters.
13. If you had $3 to spend in the dollar store, what would you buy?
Socks. They often have the soft fuzzy socks that I wear.
14. What’s the most annoying sound in the world?
The most annoying sound in my world is the sound of the fire alarm
that goes off whenever I turn on the stove!
15. What natural disaster scares you the most?
In California we are used to earthquakes, but have no experience with tornados,
and that would scare me. If fire is considered a natural disaster, that is
pretty scary too.