3 May 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. What is your favorite song lyric? Why?
Well, I have a lot of favorite lyrics, but the one that always comes to mind is
"For Good," from Wicked because it just describes so many
relationships I have had over my life.
2. Who was the worst teacher you ever had?
She was "worst" not because she was a bad person; she was actually a very nice
person, but she was totally unqualified. It was the nun who taught
biology. In those days if you were a nun, you had to do what you were told
to do, whether you were qualified to do it or not. She was embarrassed by
anything having to do with reproduction and skipped those chapters of the
textbook and didn't know other things. The class was so bad that anybody
who wanted to go to college had to take another biology class taught by someone
who knew what she was talking about.
3. What were 3 things that scared you as a
* There were snakes under my bed
* I was claustrophobic
* I was terrified I was going to get polio
4. What are 3 things that scare you now?
* How badly the Trump administration is not handling the virus
* And, as always, those big trucks rolling over on top of me on a freeway.
5. Would you rather have the power of time
travel or the power to see the future?
Probably the power to see the future. I really, really want to see the
history books of this period, published 50 years from now. (Of course if I
had time travel, I could travel 50 years in the future and read them then.)
6. Money, power, or good looks � which would
you rather have an unlimited supply of?
Actually none of those, but if I had to choose I guess it would be money because
you can do so much if you have enough money.
7. Are you jealous of anything?
I am jealous of people who have a lot of close friends.
8. What makes you feel most loved?
My family makes me feel loved all the time. I am very fortunate to have
9. Do you believe in soulmates?
I used to. I don't any more.
10. What is something that made you laugh the
I've had lots of funny experiences, but probably the day Char and I baked 10
pumpkin pies and let each of our 10 kids throw them at each other. Video
11. What were 3 of the happiest days of your
Eliminating the days that our kids were born, 3 other happy days of my life
(maybe/maybe not exactly "happiest") would be
* Opening night of the kids' You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
* Walt's 50th birthday party
* When they put newborn Brianna in my arms.
12. What is your biggest flaw
How much time do you have? To start, I'm lazy and I'm untidy (to put
13. Who would play you in a movie about your
Melissa McCarthy would be fun. or maybe Kathy Bates.
14. What is something you experienced that you
have no explanation for.
I had several unusual experiences in the year after my friend Gilbert died that
I can only say proved "life after death" to me.
15. What is the saddest book you ever read?
Maybe "Where the Red Fern Grows."
16. What is your dream home like?
My dream home comes with turrets, wrap-around porch and a staff of cleaning
people and it overlooks the ocean (so I guess it's a good thing I chose "money"
in #6 above!)
17. What creature/insect would most creep you
out if you found it crawling on you?
18. What�s your preferred Monopoly piece?
The Iron. and how DARE they have taken it away!!!
19. What was your most embarrassing moment?
In grammar school, when I tore my pants while peeing in the bushes of a park
where there was no bathroom and had to walk home five blocks with a big rip in
the seat of my pants.
20. Could the earth be flat?
No. For one thing we have too many photos from space that prove it is not
flat. For another if it were flat, there would be no southern hemisphere
because everybody would have fallen off.