Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated
and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from
every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to
find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our
first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Pandora has posted a bunch of Coronavirus questions on
her blog and shared them with all of us. Thanks, Pandora!!
1. Has the COVID-19 affected your work environment?
No. I'm retired and any work I do is from home. My office is just as
messy and disorganized now as it was a week ago.
2. How are you feeling about the Coronavirus?
It's scary. Part of me thinks that the chance of my contracting it are
infinitesimal, but another part of me thinks that if everybody thinks that way,
the virus will explode. It bothers me when people decide that they are
somehow exempt from the rules and if they are just doing one or another thing
they'll be fine.
3. Has anybody you know been tested / have you?
No to both questions. I don't know anyone who has been tested, though
there are some positive cases here in Davis. Just not anybody I know.
4. Do you have any friends stuck in any exotic locations?
One friend has finally been able to fly home to San Francisco, but was in
Australia when this all hit. Another friend, who lives in Italy, has been
in Japan, thank goodness! I don't know when she is going to go back to
5. Have you changed any of your personal habits due to the pandemic?
I wash my hands more often.
6. What is the craziest thing you've seen or heard about the outbreak?
Well, first Trump said it was a hoax by the Democrats to prevent him from being
re-elected, then he said it was China's fault, then he said we only had 15 cases
and they would be cured, then he said that when the sun comes out, the virus
would go away, then he says it's just a bad flu, then he said that malaria
vaccine would be a good treatment. I feel sorry for all of his experts who
have to figure out how to say "no, that's not true" while he's standing there
waiting for them to say how wonderful he is.
7. Do you think our politicians are doing enough to curb the crisis?
Depends on the politician. So much of what Trump says his administration
is doing, they are not, which is frustrating, but Governor Newsom is on top of
things and has quarantined the entire state, which I hope will help.
8. Have you stockpiled anything because of the crisis?
Not deliberately.. We have enough TP without buying out the store.
Marta bought lots of food and somehow we have more turkey chili than I ever
thought we would have!
9. What do you think you will miss the most if you are subject to a lock in?
We are already on lock in. I'm really ok with sheltering in place, but
I do miss being able to see my mother.
10. What is the weirdest rumour you've heard about the virus?
This seems to be a repeat of question #6
11. Do you have a favourite meme about the virus?
12. Has the virus made you grateful for anything?
I am very grateful that Ned and Marta are living here. Being under 65,
they can more easily run out for food, etc, if necessary.
13. Have any of your plans been upset by the outbreak?
All of the theaters have shut down, so the shows I was scheduled to review are
not being run. I am losing a bit of salary.
14. Are you planning do to anything different because of the COVID-19
15. What do you hope to see in six months time?
Please, dear God, may this virus have died off long before then!
16. Has the Coronavirus upset your mental health in any way?
No, not really.