15 March 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
(These questions have nothing to do with St. Patrick's day!)
Stolen from Sleepy
1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?
This has been my screen for years.
I really should change it, but I love the photo.
2. Who is the person you text the most in your life? What relation are you?
3. Is there carpet or hardwood floor in your bedroom?
I sleep in the living room. There is Pergo (which I love) on the floor.
4. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking a mirror?
Not at all.
5. Do you like those ‘end of the world,’ ‘Armageddon’ movies?
No, especially now that we are living that life!
6. Chocolate or strawberry birthday cake? Choose one.
Though I am a big chocolate lover, I don't really like chocolate cake all
that much, so strawberry.
7. Do you eat more vegetables or fruits? What’s your favorite fruit/veggie?
I'm not a veggie person, though eat more veggies now that Ned lives with us.
I love fruit, especially strawberries and bananas.
8. Does the dentist calm you or does it tend to stress you out?
My dentist was a friend for many years before she was my dentist, and visiting
her office is like going to the beauty parlor. Though I have had lots of
work done, I can honestly say it really IS painless.
9. If you had to choose, which is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Dr T and the Women was so bad, I walked out of it.
10. Have you ever found yourself talking to an inanimate object?
Not lately, but in grammar school, I had a toilet paper holder in the school
bathroom that was my best friend, and I would escape there to talk my troubles
over with it.
11. Do you like movies that are originally based on children’s books?
Some are good, some are not.
12. Is your hair more thick or thin? Is it more curly or straight?
It's more "naturally wavy," and curls if it's short. It is not as thick as
it used to be, but not exactly thin.
13. Something on the human body that grosses you out the most:
I am not a foot person. I don't like touching any feet, even my own,
though I'm not sure it "grosses me out" the most.
14. What is your favorite color of apple? Red, green or yellow?
15. Do you hardly ever remember where you put things at?
Oh yeah. The older I get the harder it is to find things. I try to
leave myself clues.
16. Do you ever lie in the grass and look up at the sky, just because?
I used to, but if I lie down in the grass now, I can't get up again!
17. Are you a controversial person? Do your views oppose others?
I have controversial views on several things, though lately with the
incompetence of the White House for the coronavirus, more people agree with me
than used to.
18. Have you ever thrown a surprise party for someone? Who for?
Very best party I ever threw was for Walt's 50th birthday. It was at
the local theater and we had more than 100 people from every era of his life,
including his childhood in Hawaii. After it was over, I vowed I would
never plan another for him because I could never top that. And I haven't.
19. What would you say your average word per minute time is on the keyboard?
Last time I was tested, many, many years ago, was 135 wpm. I still type
very fast, but make a lot more errors than I used to.
20. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more? What’s your favorite?
I like both. I mostly read crime dramas by authors like Michael Connelly
or Harlan Coben (and others). But I also love non-fiction books, like
autobiographies, biographies, and books written by people who have studied
animals for long period of time.
21. Do you know how to play pool? Are you any good at it?
I used to play pool all the time in college and was fair at it. I loved
playing it, but haven't played it since the weekend of Jeri and Phil's wedding,
when Phil's mother rented a house that had a pool table. I was surprised
that I could still play (though now badly)
22. The most painful medical procedure you’ve ever had?
Childbirth isn't exactly a procedure, so I'll go with having my
dislocated shoulder relocated.
23. Are you someone who tends to take a whole lot of naps?
Definitely now. I don't sleep well at night, but get a good amount of sleep in a
24 hour period because of the naps.
24. Have you ever been pulled over by the cops for speeding?
Twice, once on the freeway and once in town. I was able to talk my way out
of a ticket both times.
25. Is anyone in your family a firefighter? Who is it anyway?