16 February 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature
originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of
questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we
will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past
hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all
of us thieves!
In honor of my birthday (tomorrow), I found a list of questions on a
birthday party website.
Have you ever
1. Broken a bone?
Twice, both were toe bones, both by dropping frozen food on them.
2. Broken a window?
I can't remember. Maybe, but not lately.
3. Been on TV?
Yes. I was on a program about breastfeeding, and nursed my baby on screen
during a discussion with other women. I was also part of a choir at a home
for unwed mothers on a TV documentary. They couldn't show the real
mothers, so our high school choir filled in. I wore a maternity smock for
the first time -- never dreamed I'd practically LIVE in them for 10 years.
4. Had a friend who shared the same birthday as you?
My friend, artist/author
Alec Clayton, and I are an hour apart in age (I
think we decided I'm older)
5. Locked your keys in the car?
The dog locked my keys in the car, when I went to get gas and she stepped
on the button on the door that locked it. Fortunately, the gas station
attendant was able to get the door open.
6. Accidentally sent a text or email to the wrong person?
Yes, a few times. It's usually to one of the Compassion kids, because you
can send e-mail thru the
Compassion web site and duplicate the letter
for another child. Occasionally I forget to change the name to that of the new
child I am writing to.
7. Sat in the back of a police car?
8. Fallen asleep at work?
Oh yeah! Very embarrassing.
9. Made a snow angel?
When the kids were little.
10. Ridden in an ambulance
Once, after I dislocated my shoulder on a fund raising bike ride.
11. Worst household chore: I am very lucky that Ned and Walt do most of
the household chores. I don't hate it, but procrastinate on folding
12 .Worst colour: Orange
13. Worst pizza topping: jalapeno peppers or regular green or red
14. Worst weather: Anything over 90 degrees F
15. Worst self-care job (e.g. dressing, washing, shaving, teeth, toe
Toe nails. It's difficult to reach my toes with this belly in front of me.
16. Worst game: Monopoly is fun for awhile, but it goes on forEVer.
17. Worst school subject: Math
18. Worst animal: I don't have a "worst." They are all fascinating.
19. Worst season: Summer
20. Worst TV show: Any of the mating and dating shows, or most of FOX
"news." Or Rush Limbaugh.