1 Aug 2020
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've
committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday.
Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be
totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We
encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we
don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however,
and here is today's meme.
Saturday 9: Moonlighting (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
1) Moonlighting was an
award-winning comedy-drama that ran from 1985 to 1989. Are you familiar with the
show? Were you a fan?
Not really. I watched it now
and then, but never followed it.
2) The series revolved around The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Los Angeles.
There have been countless TV shows and movies about detectives and their cases,
yet Crazy Sam doesn't know anyone who has ever hired a private investigator. How
about you? Have you ever had anything or anyone investigated?
3) The agency was named Blue Moon because one of the owners, Maddie Hayes,
was a model known as The Blue Moon Girl, famous for promoting Blue Moon Shampoo.
If we were to rename their detective agency based on the shampoo you most
recently used, what would it be called?
It's upstairs and I'm too lazy to go
and look. I don't remember. I used to use Prell all the time,
4) Cybill Shepherd played Maddie Hayes. Cybill believes we can all find
romance many times and said she considers the concept of one true love as
"dramatic treacle." Do you agree?
Bless you, it all depends.
Jamie Fraser would disagree!
5) David Addison was played by Bruce Willis. At the beginning of his career
he couldn't support himself as a actor and held down part-time jobs as a
security guard, shuttle bus driver and bartender. How many different occupations
have you had?
1. test tube washer in a medical lab
3. secretary to 3 professors in the Physics Department, UC Berkeley
5. legal secretary
6. cake decorator
8. newspaper columnist
9. medical office manager
10. theater critic
(somewhere in the middle of all of
this -- with transcriptionist, cake decorator and newspaper columnist -- I also
co-authored two books and worked as a volunteer for a theater company in San
Francisco for five years)
6) The Moonlighting theme was co-written and performed by Al Jarreau. While
in college, Al planned on being a career counselor. Yet once he began performing
with a jazz trio, he knew that music was where his heart was. Tell us about a
time you found joy from an unexpected source.
I always found joy when I had puppies
to bottle feed.
7) Moonlighting was created by Glenn Gordon Caron. ABC gave him the
opportunity based on his work on Remington Steele and Taxi. Of
these three shows -- Moonlighting, Remington Steele and Taxi --
which would you prefer to binge watch?
I think I would be bored watching
lots of Taxi. And I don't know Remington Steele at all, so
binge watching would give me the chance to catch up with Moonlighting.
8) In 1985, the year Moonlighting premiered, Coca Cola introduced The
New Coke. It was not successful and disappeared from store shelves quickly.
What's the most recent beverage you drank?
Water (It's what I mostly drink)
9) Random question -- Each day, do you put more time into improving your mind
or your appearance?
One only has to look at me to hope
that the answer to this question is my mind.