19 April 2020
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published
on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner
of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the
most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first -
Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
Quirky Questions from Swap Bot
1. Did you become what you wanted to be when you grew
up? Are you happy with your choice?
Well, I wanted to be a nurse and then I wanted to be a nun, but I'm happy with
my ultimate choice.
2. Did man really go to the moon or was it a publicity stunt?
That would be an awfully expensive publicity stunt, especially to be repeated
five more times. Of course man really went to the moon.
3. Given the opportunity to change one major aspect of your life (i.e.
career, relationship, family) with no guarantee of the outcome, would you take
the chance? Why?
I'm your basic chicken. At my age, I'm pretty much settled and wouldn't
want to attempt anything else. Everything good in my life has come from
something good or bad in my past.
4. Does money buy happiness?
Heavens no. There are an awful lot of unhappy rich people. Likewise, there
are happy poor people. Happiness comes from within.
5. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Feed the dog. If I'm lucky she may stop barking to let me go to the
bathroom, but usually feeding the dog takes precedence.
6. What are we going to do when we run out of room to bury the dead?
We will never run out of things to do with the dead. Bodies can be
cremated and ashes scattered in all sorts of places. We aren't limited to
bodies in boxes in cemeteries.
7. What is your greatest fear? Why? Is it rational or unreasonable?
My biggest rational fear is losing someone else I love (I've lost too many
people already), My irrational fear is dying in an auto accident when a
truck rolls over on my car.
8. How do you feel about the exploitation of your private data in the digital
age? Does it ever cross your mind or are you hyper-aware of the risks?
By the time I was aware of the danger of having my information out on the
internet, I was so open on the internet it was pretty much too late. I
suspect you can find anything you want to find out about me if you search hard
enough. Fortunately, there's nothing really that I would be afraid you'd
find out. Even if someone were to deplete my bank account, they wouldn't get
enough to pay the month's rent.
9. You can be forgiven one debt. What is it? If you don’t have debt, then how
did you do it?
I don't have any big debts. I don't spend that much and pay my one credit
card off completely each month.
10. Hot or cold?
Cold. There are all sorts of ways you can warm up, but a limited number of
ways you can cool off.
11. What is your favorite thing in the world (aside from family, friends,
Well, food would be Dungeness crab or See's chocolate. Location would be
San Francisco, especially on a crystal clear day. Leisure activities would
be reading or watching TV. Smell would be the ocean or puppy breath, Etc.
Hard to pick "the" favorite thing in the world.
12. You have to give up one of your five senses. Which one would you go
Maybe smell....just because the older I get the more my sense of smell
13. Do you believe everyone has a doppelgänger?
A lot of people, but everyone? I doubt it.
14. Likewise, does everyone have a soulmate or is it just a matter of
proximity and circumstance?
I've had a few people I considered soulmates, but it things change.
15. Imagine you have a theme song that plays every time you enter a room.
What would your song be?
Maybe the "think music" from Jeopardy ... catchy, but short.