Today in My History
Books Read in 2019
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
November 27, 2019
On this day before Thanksgiving, I've been thinking of all the things -- serious and silly -- that I am thankful for.
In no particular order --
* I am thankful for all of you who are reading this. I am so grateful for a regular following, which keeps me going. People ask me how many readers I have and I honestly have never checked (not sure how to do it anyway). It could be 10, it could be 1,000, but I'm grateful for every single one, especially the ones who regularly leave comments, like Lori, Mr. Sandman, and Jerry from Big D.
* I'm thankful for Ned and Marta's vision for how to improve this house, and all their work doing it.
* I am thankful for Jeri's daily videos, taking all the family along on her walks with Lester.
* Every time they look at each other, I am thankful that Jeri has Phil in her life.
* I am thankful for all the photos and videos that Tom and Laurel share, keeping us in the loop since we are so far away from the grandkids.
* I'm thankful for Brianna and Lacie, when they aren't fighting with each other, and especially thankful when they write letters to me.
* Though her brain may have turned to mush, I am so thankful that my mother is healthy physically.
* I am thankful that Sandy at Eldervilla sends me videos and photos of my mother when she is good, if I've missed it.
* I am thankful there is a new Sees store in Davis.
* I am even thankful for Polly and her schedule and how she "talks" to us so clearly (we are learning to speak "dog.")
* I am thankful for all the ticket people at all the theaters where I review, that I don't have to give them my name and they know who I am. Makes me feel like I am "somebody."
* I am also grateful for the theaters that know which seats I like and always save them for me.
* I am particularly thankful for Winters Theatre Company, which gives us cheesecake on opening night.
* I am thankful that, with Ned (an early riser) here, I wake up to brewed coffee every morning!
* I am thankful for Patti and Jim, my colleagues at Sacramento News and Review, from whom I learn a lot about theater...and who are just fun people as well.
* I am thankful for my Instant pot in which I will cook our turkey breast today, so we'll have it for sandwiches tomorrow.
* I am thankful for soft fluffy socks.
* I am thankful for all the shows that I binge watch every day while I'm working at my desk, like NCIS, NCIS-LA, Criminal Minds and, since Ned moved in here, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
* I am thankful for all of my "friends" on SwapBot, whom I will never meet, but with whom I chat almost every day.
* I am thankful for my face-to-face friends, especially Char, with whom I share some of the silliest memories of life.
* I am thankful for the few pen pals I have, giving me a chance to write regularly, whether snail mail or email.
* I am thankful for Compassion and all of my Compassion kids, who have taught me about lots of places in the world, and the reality of what poverty is.
* I am thankful for being part of Walt's extended family. Such wonderful, fun people. Having been an "only child" for nearly 50 years, it's nice to be accepted to fully into the Sykes family.
* I am thankful for Walt, who loves me through thick and thin and who has always been there for me.
* I am thankful there is a Trader Joe's in Davis now.
* I'm thankful for a house full of memories of life with five kids, 70+ foreign students, and countless dogs.
* I'm thankful that we are having a small Thanksgiving this year.
Happy Thanksgiving all
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #7179