Today in My History
I Meet My Fan
Books Read in 2018
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piñata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
20 January 2019
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Do you have a passion project? What is it?
Writing this journal
2. How many languages can you speak?
I am only fluent in English, but I can stumble along in French and Portuguese
3. What was the last book you read?
"Bridge to Terebithia," which my granddaughter chose for our latest book club discussion.
4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
Somewhere in Africa where I can observe the "big 5"
5. Top 5 fictional characters?
Claire and Jamie Fraser from "Outlander," of course
Myron Bolitar from the Harlan Coben books
Jo March from "Little Women"
Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch
6. Something you miss from your childhood?
Chocolate cream roll (my mother's best cake); also someone to take care of me when I'm sick.
7. What skill do you wish you had?
I wish I were fluent in another language
8. Tell us an interesting fact
Betty White is the history of television. She was the first person to be broadcast on a test in-house, she was the first to host a 5 hour live variety show, 6 days a week; she was the star of the first sit com (Life with Elizabeth). She hosted SNL at age 88 or something like that. She has won 5 Emmys and been nominated for 13 more. And now in her 90s she is still appearing on TV now and then. Amazing lady
9. What was your favourite subject in school?
English, Latin and French
10. Favourite planet?
Never thought of it, but I guess Pluto, since it's been downgraded and I feel sorry for it.
11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why?
I'm not sure if Van Gogh can be considered an "historical" figure, but I have been fascinates by his life and work for many years. I have read lots of books about him and was thrilled when we visited Arles and I was able to stand in the places where he stood to paint some of is famous paintings.
12. Favourite mythical creature?
Hmmm...I don't know if I have a favorite mythical creature. I have never thought about mythical creatures before. Is a unicorn a mythical creature?
13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
Well I don't think Ted Cruz's father killed Kennedy, but I can certainly believe a lot of the collusion rumors floating around Washington these days.
14. What is your favourite word?
15. Do you have any obsessions right now?
Writing this journal
16. Do you play any instruments?
No. I can barely pick out a few notes on the piano but can no longer actually play.
17. What’s your worst habit?
Procrastination, "casual" housekeeping
18. Do you have a collection of anything?
I don't collect anything any more but I still have a lot of spoons, postcards and magnets.
19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’?
What if I had finished college....?
20. What is your favourite fairy tale?
I am partial to "Beauty and the Beast"
21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a colour you’d like to dye it?
At one point, in my 20s, I tried to dye it auburn and it came out purple-ish (fortunately it washed out in a few washings). I have never tried again. I am satisfied/happy with my salt and pepper.
22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose?
I would love to know fluent French and Portuguese, but speaking practically, it would be better if I could be fluent in Spanish, since there are so many Spanish speakers around here.
23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do?
Basic HTML coding.
24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system?
Teachers, who guide our children's lives should make a decent living. They should not be required to learn how to shoot a gun. Parents should respect teachers more. When I went to school, if I did badly, it was my fault. Now if a child does badly it's the teacher's fault
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I’ve taken up coloring to help me manage my stress lately...
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
Apparently someone decided I should approve comments before they appear
-- it wasn't me! --
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6870