Today in My History
Some Great Dames
Books Read in 2018
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
1 September 2018
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
She Works Hard for the Money (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a woman who works hard as a waitress. What's the hardest job you've ever had?
I never really had a HARD job, but the one that I
disliked the most was working for an attorney who routinely chased
secretaries around the "liberry" (he never coud say "library") table and
after I left the job tried to hire me back for a day to sit in the
office, pretend to work while he was in court, and report to him whoever
"talked" while he was gone. I am proud of myself for refusing to do so.
While working other jobs, I was an at home
transcriptionist for a psychiatrist for 30 years.
It's been so long since I've been able to go out of the house by myself (still can't drive) that I don't remember, but it would have been whichever food server took care of me at the last restaurant where I ate.
4) Early in her career, Donna was in the touring company of the musical Hair. It played in Munich for so long that she became fluent in German. What's the longest you have ever lived away from home?
I've never really "lived away from home," but I lived in
Australia for six weeks once.
5) Sam's dad is naturally outgoing and enjoys striking up conversations with waitresses, librarians, the checker at the supermarket, etc. Sam is always polite but more private. Are you more like father or daughter?
I'm definitely more like Sam. Walt
is like her father.
For the 30 years I worked for the psychiatrist and for the 5 years
that I ran a cake baking business out of my house.
I don't know. Probably. I'll probably be doing a lot of
napping on Labor day, since I seem to be doing a lot now that I have my
8) Will you be attending a Labor Day picnic or barbecue?
9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe?
Bwahahaha. I haven't added any new clothes to my wardrobe in years.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Jeri and Phil 10 years ago
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
Apparently someone decided I should approve comments before they appear
-- it wasn't me! --
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6733