Today in My History
The Sky is Falling
Books Read in 2018
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piñata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
11 November 2018
for something different. I hope you'll find it fun.
Pandora has been doing Sunday Stealing for years, even though she's in
Australia and can't relate to many of the questions, so I invited her to
submit an Australia-related set of questions. She checked these with friends
and says that Australians could easily answer them.
2. Who was your favourite Prime Minister of the last ten
years? (There have been five – choose wisely) Not familiar with
the Prime Ministers.
4. What do you think of our current head of state? I don't know about YOUR head of state, but I think my feelings about OURS are pretty clear.
5. What are your feelings on compulsory voting. I LOVE the idea. I wish we had it here, so few people ever vote.
6. What is your favourite footy food? Meat pies.
7. Your Nana is having her 80th catered for by the CWA. What CWA standards are you looking forward to at the spread? The Victoria Sponge? Yoyos? Asparagus Rolls? Brandy Snaps? Hmmm....Probably not asparagus rolls (sounds too healthy). Probably Victoria sponge, which I probably saw on Great English Baking Show. Cake, right?
8. What do you do on ANZAC Day? Well, it's equivalent to our Memorial Day, but Google tells me it is April 25 in Australia, so I checked my archives and on April 25 I spent the day with my mother at the emergency room (I spend a lot of time there)
9. Discuss the merits of budgie smugglers. LOL. Now HERE is a good reason why you check Google for some of these things. Love the name!! Not my thing, but I know some will love it.
10. What is outside your back door? Gumboots or thongs? If I wore them it would be thongs, but I don't.
11. As a kid you were given 20 cents for pick and mix. What will be in your bag? Teeth? Spearmint leaves? Gobstoppers? Freckles? I don't know, but I hope it's Gobstoppers....loved the name from Willie Wonka.
12. Redbacks or Huntsmen? Don't have a clue... teams?
13. The Mullet. Discuss. We have mullets too. Not the best look for some folks.
14. Kath or Kim? Again, don't have a clue.
15. Cricket – which code do your follow? Why? Do you think that 20/20 games are sacrilege? My knowledge of cricket is limited, but any sport that takes a tea break is very weird.
16. Football. Which code do you follow? Do you have an opinion about Collingwood or Essendon? I don't know about code, but I have to go with Collingwood, because friends of mine were fans.
17. Do you agree that the lyrics to Khe Sahn should be on the citizenship test? Do you know the words to Khe Sahn? Another one I had to turn to Google for. Strange song. I don't think any songs should be part of a citizenship exam for any country.
18. What is your favourite public holiday? If you're in Victoria, which do you prefer? The day off before the AFL Grand Final or Melbourne Cup Day? Melbourne Cup Day. I love horseracing.
19. What do you do at Christmas? Ham sandwich on the beach? Seafood and salad next to the pool? Endure a full English roast with all the trimmings when the thermometer is pushing 35 degrees centigrade outside? I haven't had the "pleasure" of a Christmas in Australia. I would probably try for the full roast. Once. Then settle for seafood and salad next to the pool.
20. Ford or Holden? huh?
21. What is the best Australian invention ever? (And yes, the Hills Hoist can be mentioned) Google mentions lots of Australian inventions. You guys really invented WiFi? I did love "spray on skin" and the spork. Definitely NOT a Hills Hoist.
22. Describe the following:
25. Translate the following: “Strewth! Nev was going flat out like a lizard drinking. But he had a nana nap and he's raring. Told him to get here pronto by not to miss the gate cos it’s impossible to chuck a u-ey for miles. Told him to bring a slab. We’ll have a barby. The kiddies can have snags. Joe the Pom will moan about everything. Jeez, he’s a bastard. Yeah…nah… no flies on him. “ LOL. Are you sure that's English?
26. What is your favourite Australian holiday spot? I have only been to Western Australia, but I loved going to Monkey Mia.
27. Do you eat the coat of arms? I assume your coat of arms is the same as the coat of arms for any country, so no, I don't eat it.
28. You are stuck in a lift with the following: Karl Stefanovic, Peter Dutton and Alan Jones. Who do you kill last? I don't kill people.
29. What is the NBN? National Broadband Network (that one was easy to look up!)
30. “Where the bloody hell are you?” Discuss. I'm here trying to answer your bloody questions!
31. Complete the following sayings.
33. Provide three uses for cane toads. Possibly as a weapon to kill Karl Stefanovic, Peter Dutton and Alan Jones.
34. If you give a politician a koala to cuddle, what is the likely outcome? Depending on the politician, maybe he'll be bit (are koalas discerning animals?)
35. Bagpipes are perfectly at home in rock songs. Discuss. I love bagpipes anywhere.
36. What is a Tim Tam Slam? I love Tim Tams, but I wouldn't like to go in an eating challenge with them.
37. If I ask for a FruChoc, where am I from? What are FruChocs? From Wikipedia: Menz FruChocs are a confectionary produced by Robern Menz in South Australia. FruChocs consist of a cube of dried apricot and peach paste, coated in milk chocolate. FruChocs have been produced in South Australia since 1948.
I don't now what everyone else thinks of this
quiz, but I found it informative and fun, if time consuming!
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Western Australia, 2003
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
Apparently someone decided I should approve comments before they appear
-- it wasn't me! --
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6794