Today in My History
2001: No entry
An Old Dog's New Tricks
The Not So Proud and the Profane
Thru the Years
A Life in Books
Lord of the Rings
The Large Family
Please Don't Play It Again, Sam
Time for a Meme
The Hatfields and the McCoys
Billows of Books
Today at Logos
"Gutenberg! the Musical!"
Books Read in 2018
Personal Home Page
Books Read in 2018
Books Read in 2017
Books Read in 2016
Books Read in 2015
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
Books Read in 2010
(you know how to fix it)
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piñata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
Favorite Travel Photos
Things in My Life
7 Days of Meals
Favorite Photos 4/18
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
6 May, 2018
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on
WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every
corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard
to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts
include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to
all of us thieves!
Stolen from Steph at
Love Me Some Surveys. Steph finds surveys to be therapeutic, in a
way, and a good way to vent. Enjoy!
1. Would you ever try Fear Factor for one million
dollars? Why or why not?
Absolutely, positively not!
2. If you use hair spray, what brand do you use the most?
Don't use hair spray. Probably have not used it in 40 years.
3. Is "Catcher in the Rye" in your library by any chance?
It's a book I have read but did not keep because I knew I
would never read it again.
5. What is the best thing about a Barbie doll?
Well, I am too old for the Barbie craze and my daughter wasn't crazy about
Barbie either. I never thought it was a good example for kids.
6. Cherry or peanut ice cream?
7. From one to ten, how big of a movie buff are you?
Ideally I'd like to be an 8 but since we almost never go to movies,
I guess it would have to be a 2. I love watching old movies on TV,
8. Who is a celebrity you think will never get into trouble?
These days, who knows??? I'd like to think Tom Hanks is pretty
clean and a good guy, but then you never know.
9. What is a museum you would like to go to?
We have been fortunate to see many wonderful museums (my favorites
were the Victoria and Albert in London and the VanGogh museum in Amsterdam)
but I was sad to have missed the Musee D'Orsay in Paris, which holds the
largest collection of Impressionistic paintings.
10. Personally, do you look better with short hair or long hair?
Definitely short. When it's short it's very curly. When
it is long it looks terrible.
11. What is the first thing you think of when I say ‘Jack’?
"...of diamonds," the title of the play we saw last night.
Other than that, "Robinson."
12. What do (or did) you call your grandparents?
My maternal grandparents were Grandma an Grandpa. My paternal
grandfather was Grandpa, but my grandmother was Nannie because she thought
"Grandma" made her sound too old.
13. What color do you usually paint your nails?
14. What would be a cool earring design?
I like theater-themed earrings, like comedy and tragedy.
15. Besides nightmares, what is the scariest thing about sleeping?
The scariest thing isn't sleeping, it's NOT sleeping. Though I
get plenty of sleep in a 24 hour period, I hate lying awake in the middle of
the night, wide awake.