Today in My History
a Clear Day You Can See Forever
Books Read in 2017
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
13 January, 2018
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: Piano (2013)
1) As she sings, Ariana muses about the songs she could compose on her piano. Do you play the piano?
I took piano lessons for 2 years as a kid. I can read music, but I can't "play the piano." My father was a semi-professional piano player and Jeri plays piano. Walt plays piano better than I do.
2) She compares love songs, saying there are sad ones about how hard love is, and happy ones that make you want to dance. What's your favorite love song? Is it sad or happy?
There is a lovely song from
the musical The Big Voice: God or Merman. It's called "How
do you fall back in love again" which is about a couple who have
broken up, both of them missing the other and how can they get back
The last time I thought about it, it was Casper, the friendly ghost.
(I would choose Snoopy, but he's not really a cartoon character is he? Isn't he real?)
4) Ariana's favorite board game is Monopoly. What's your favorite board game?
I haven't played real board
games in a long time. I loved Monopoly when I was a kid.
I also enjoyed, as an adult, Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit. Now
I just play Word with Friends.
I watch TV.
6) She is a huge Florida Panthers fan, even though once, as a little girl, she got hit by a puck. Now that the NHL season is underway, how's your favorite team doing?
I am not
hockey fan. I don't even know the rules of hockey. I'm
not a big sports fan but I am a fan of the 49ers and the
Giants. All I have to do is look at my son to know that the
9ers aren't doing all that well this season! (Or is the season
No. Never worked in a place big enough to have a union.
8) Also in 2013, Pauline Philips died. Ms. Philips was better known to millions of readers as "Dear Abby." At its height, her advice column appeared in 1,400 newspapers across the country. Do you still read a printed copy of your newspaper?
I don't read the San Francisco Chronicle (which we have been taking for over 50 years) and I occasionally look through the Davis Enterprise. I read the Enterprise when there is one of my reviews printed in it.
9) If you could get the answer to one question about your future, what would that one question be?
Am I going to end up like my
mother? In which case, how much longer is my memory going to last?
PHOTO OF THE DAY
This is a drawing by my latest Compassion correspondent (age 7)
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6505