Today in My History
Books Read in 2017
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
23 Sept 2017
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: Da Doo Ron Ron (1977)
1) This song begins by stating that he met her on a Monday and his heart stood still. How did your past week start? It may be a lot to expect you to report that you met someone who made your heart stand still, but did anything noteworthy occur?
My week started with a reunion for a bunch of old, old friends
and I can honestly say tht none of them made my heart stand still.
The only noteworthy thing was noting how many of the old group were
in the memorial tree instead of standing in line to get food.
Not the Hardy boys, but I was an avid Nancy Drew fan. There was a time when I had all of the books (to date). I was so disillusioned when I found out there was no real Carolyn Keene, the supposed author but that the books were written by a bunch of different authors.
3) Shaun went to Beverly Hills High School. Over the decades, BHHS has had many good footballs teams. Do you remember what sports your school excelled at?
I went to a small girls
school As far as I know our only sport was volleyball, and
I don't think we were very good at it.
I had one sister, 4-1/2 younger than myself. She was 24
when she was murdered by her roommate.
My paternal grandparents were in vaudeville. My
grandmother was a chorus girl and my grandfather was an Irish
tenor in a barbershop quartet. He once had an offer of
recording contract, but my grandmother wouldn't let him take it.
I only heard him sing once or twice but even in his 80s, he had
a very strong voice.
Not my birth, but my sister was apparently born after ONE contraction ("but it was a doozy," my mother always said)
7) "Da Doo Ron Ron" was originally recorded by The Crystals. Can you think of another song that has been a hit by more than one artist?
"New York, New York" was a great hit for Sinatra and Liza Minnelli; "Leaving on a Jet Plane" was written by John Denver and a big hit for Peter, Paul and Mary...and later for Denver himself.
8) In 1977, when this version of "Da Doo Ron Ron" was popular, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you Mac or Android?
Depends. My desktop is PC and my cell phone, iPad and iPod are all Apple.
9) Random Question: You're exhausted. You collapse into bed and are about to drift into slumber when you hear the drip-drip-drip of the bathroom faucet. Would you kick off the covers and go turn it off? Or would you stay in bed, letting it drip until morning?
I would think about it for a long time but eventually, if I hadn't fallen asleep already, I'd get up and turn it off.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6783