Today in My History
Steve Times Four
Books Read in 2017
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
14 October 2017
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Chattanooga Choo-Choo (1941)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Chattanooga is Tennessee's fourth largest city. Have you ever visited Tennessee? If so, where did you go and what did you see?
I have visited 30 states in this country, but Tennessee is not one of them.
Since Glenn Miller's recording of "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" was awarded the first-ever gold record, we're going to devote the next questions to your firsts.
2) What was the first award or accolade you ever won?
The very first I ever won was to be May Queen in my second grade class. The second was winning 5th place in an essay contest sponsored by the Merchant Marine, when I was a sophomore in high school. My prize was a one-way trip to Los Angeles on the ship, the President Cleveland.
3) We know about your blog. But which was the first social media site that you posted to? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, MySpace ...)
Funny the World started on GeoCities, which no longer exists.
4) Where did you go on your first plane ride?
We flew home from the aforementioned cruise to Los Angeles. This was about 1958, shortly after Disneyland opened and that is what we did on our one day in LA.
6) Tell us about your first tattoo: Where is it on your body? Where did you have it done? What does it depict?
I love that this question assumes we all have tattoos. I do not have a tattoo. I do not plan to have a tattoo in the future. I do not like tattoos. My son, a drummer, has a tattoo of "Animal" (from the Muppets) on his forearm.
7) How old were you when you had your first piercing?
My first and only piercing was my ears, in about 1968. I left my two (then) kids with my father and went down to a jewelry store on Market Street in San Francisco. They took me to the back to the store and up to a dark room upstairs. I was already feeling guilty because my Catholic school teaching told me that only "bad" girls got their ears pierced. But I did it, and have not regretted it since.
8) What had you been drinking the first time you suffered a hangover?
I can't remember, but probably champagne.
9) Was your first ticket for parking or was it a moving violation?
I've had several parking tickets, but at age 74, I've never had a moving violation. I talked my way out of a couple of them, though (tears work pretty well)
PHOTO OF THE DAY
A not-to-be-missed performance
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6798