Today in My History
Last of Peggy
Books Read in 2017
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
4 November 2017
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: Suddenly I See (2005)
1) This song is a tribute to Patti Smith, the rocker who inspired KT Tunstall. What woman who has inspired you?
Hmm. I am inspired by
many women, many of whom work to save animals -- women like Jane Goodall
and Dame Daphne Sheldrick. Politically, Elizabeth Warren.
Locally, in years
past, a woman named Dair Rausch. And Malala Yousafzai.
It's been years. We have a large collection of LPs, but our son borrowed our turntable, so we don't have one right now...not that we'd use it if we had it, of course.
3) Growing up, Ms. Tunstall seldom sang at home because her father is severely hearing impaired and music interfered with his sensitive hearing aid. Do you, or does anyone in your family, wear a hearing aid?
I don't know
about anybody in the family, but I got hearing aids about 3 months
ago. I don't wear them all the time, but when I do, I notice a
difference. It's different than I expected it would be!
If I have spare change,
definitely. I have children who have performed in public so
I'm usually supportive, unless they have zero talent.
6) In 2005, Prince Charles married his long-time love, Camilla Parker Bowles. At the time of their wedding, 73% of Brits said they disapproved of her. Today, her popularity has increased somewhat and her disapproval has dropped to 55%. Do you know anyone who married someone you didn't like? Did their spouse grow on you with time?
Yes, and no. The less said about that the better.
7) Harry Potter ad the Goblet of Fire was popular in theaters. Who is your favorite "Harry Potter" character?
Hagrid and Dumbledore.
8) In 2005, YouTube was introduced by three young men who met while working at PayPal. What's the last thing you paid for using PayPal?
Stamps, I think. I usually buy my stamps on line.
9) Random Question: After a long, exhausting day of travel, you check into a motel. The room is not at all to your liking. It's next to the ice machine, so you can hear cubes dropping noisily into metal buckets. Your view is of the parking lot. The bathtowels are thin and tiny. In short, you feel like you're being ripped off. Do you grab your bag, turn on your heel and check out, hoping there are better accommodations nearby? Or do you say, "What the hell, it's only one night," and climb into bed?
I'm not confrontational, so if the room is otherwise clean and it's already late, I'll stay the night. If it's mid-afternoon, I might check for someplace else.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
When she still had hope.
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6817