Today in My History
Today, Gone Forever
Books Read in 2017
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
13 May 2017
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Mama Can't Buy You Love (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This week's artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters -- one of France's highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What's the most recent compliment you received?
the dinner I made the other night.
2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
Yep. The only organ that
has been removed from my body is my tonsils, which were removed when
I was 4 or 5.
3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
Been there, done that and I'm glad I've been because I don't think I'd like to go now. We went on a cruise in 2010 and have taken several other river cruises since then, but the Russia trip remains my favorite. I remember standing in Red Square not able to believe I was standing in Red Square. But my favoritest thing was Kizhi island and the magnificent cathedral there, with the most onion domes in Russia. The amazing thing about this church was that it was made without nails, since nails had not been invented yet!
4) Elton and his mother hadn't spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their beach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
My mother who will be 98 in
September and who has dementia.
I call it "God's
Garden" because we pretty much flunked gardening and are good at
just keeping the greenery low (it's weeds, not grass). Whatever
grows there nowadays came "magically."
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
I bought my daughter a card for
her birthday a couple of weeks ago.
Oddly enough, we have had
Blue Apron for a year now and it really is cheaper than
buying our meals in the store. We're eating more healthy, we
have fish once a week, and I don't have to go to the store more than
once a month or so.
I am very lucky that Walt has
been keeping the kitchen clean most of the time, so my dishwasher is
empty right now, except for the breakfast and lunch dishes from
of my back, I am unable to sleep on a regular mattress. I
sleep on a couch, so I can keep my back up against the back.
Then, at 3 a.m., like clockwork, I wake up and move to a recliner
for the rest of the night.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Making cookies in an EZ-Bake oven
I'd love it if you'd leave a comment!
HTML Guestbookis loading comments...
This is entry #6658