19 March 2017
Oh boy is THIS one ever right up my alley! The original only had 23
questions, so I added 2 more of my own just because 25 seems like a much
more logical number.
1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least
Star Trek, The Dick Van Dyke Show, NCIS, Golden Girls, Frasier
2. Name a show you can't miss:
So many, but off the top of my head: Jeopardy, Big Bang Theory,
Madam Secretary, Scandal, NCIS, Designated Survivor, This is Us, Outlander,
The Americans, Last Tango in Halifax.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Hmmm........Scott Bacula coming to NCIS-New Orleans got me to watch that
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
Well, nobody I know seems to share my feelings about Rachel Maddow, and I
can't get Ned to watch Big Bang Theory.
7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:
Big Bang Theory (shows don't have good theme songs any more!)
8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
Definitely This is Us and, when it returns next month, Outlander
9. Name a TV series you own:
Star Trek (TOS), Northern Exposure, Picket Fences, The West Wing, The Dick Van
Dyke Show, The Vicar of Dibley, Seinfeld
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another
medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television:
Maybe one of those wrestling guys or Senator Fred Thompson on Law & Order
11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
Star Trek's "The Trouble with Tribbles," the episode of Big
Bang Theory where Sheldon finally slept with Amy, the "Gone
with the Wind" bit on Carol Burnett, and both the boat and walnut
episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show.
12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten
around to yet:
Blue Bloods, Chicago Fire
13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
Every season. I find shows that look interesting, but after one or two
episodes, I give up. Medical shows where the doctors spend more time
kissing in hidden rooms, with no credible medical knowledge falls into that
category! I also watched Survivor for several season but gave
up when it just got too repetitive., and Dancing with the Stars lost
appeal for me when they gussied it up too much and the stars were almost all
people I'd never heard of.
14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
This is Us, Lassie, and the 2017 presidential inauguration (though
actually I boycotted it, so I can't really say that watching it made
me cry, but the idea of it did!)
15. What do you eat when you watch TV?
Little Mandarin oranges
16. How often do you watch TV?
It's pretty much on here all the time. Sometimes it's even what puts
me to sleep at night.
17. What's the last TV show you watched?
Scandal (This is Saturday and Saturday is Food Network day, but
we have a guest in the house right now and I haven't turned on the TV, which
is VERY unusual!)
18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
Probably the crime/drama shows, like NCIS or Criminal Minds,
or medical dramas. I haven't missed a medical show since Ben Casey, though I
have given up on several.
19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
Probably Howdy Doody Time (I'm very old)
20. What TV show do you wish you never watched?
Nurse Jackie, which is always billed as a comedy, but I found absolutely
NOTHING funny about it and considered it more of a tragedy.
21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
Meerkat Manor, or Jon and Kate Plus 8. I'm not proud of
watching that show, but I only watched for one season just to see the
babies. I love babies. Loved them, hated her!
22. What TV show scared you the most?
Any of the White House briefings these days.
23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
The classics were wonderful - Dick Van Dyke Show, Carol Burnett,
Laugh-In. Today it would be Big Bang Theory, which I think
has some of the best comedy writing since Jon Stewart left The Daily
24. What is a show you really want to like, but just don't
Game of Thrones. I've tried 3 times to get into it but it
just doesn't grab me.
25. Favorite Animal or Cooking show?
Any show about elephants and most shows about primates. As for
cooking shows, I enjoy a lot of them but mostly I love the contests
featuring kids (Chopped Junior, Master Chef Junior, etc.). I'll tell
you, some of the 9-13 year olds are amazing and put me to shame!