Today in My History
& Tigers & Puns...oh My
Looking for a Little Support
The One-Handed Life
Best Show on Broadway
What? No Video?
Ned, Don't Read This
I've Been Tagged
The Cousins Day That Wasn't
A Certain Smile
A Modern American Tragedy
Larry Would Have Loved It
Books Read in 2017
Personal Home Page
Books Read in 2017
Books Read in 2016
Books Read in 2015
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
(you know how to fix it)
Mirror Site for RSS Feed:
Some Background Links:
The Philosophy of Juice & Crackers
The story of Delicate Pooh
The story of the Piņata Group
Who IS this Gilbert person anyway?
Favorite Travel Photos
Things in My Life
7 Days of Meals
mail to Walt
mail to Bev
11 June 2017
The High School Questions
1. Did you date
someone from your school?
I went to an all-girls school, so no.
Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
No. Public transportation. Living in San Francisco, I took the
cable car (which was a block from our house) and then transferred to a bus.
4. What kind of car did you have?
I have never had my own car.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
Walt and I have a Honda Accord.
6. It's Friday night...where are you now?
If I have no show to review, I am probably at home watching TV.
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
Hmmm...I can't remember. Doesn't seem like we did a lot of night
stuff, unless we went to a movie or something.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Babysitting, counting money after Sunday Mass for our church, and working
after school washing test tubes for a nearby medical laboratory.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I have been a theater critic for 17 years.
10. Were you a party animal?
Not then, not now.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Again....it was an all-girls school
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I loved being in the choir.
13. Were you a nerd?
I don't think we had nerds in the pre-computer days. I was a
14. Did you get suspended from school?
15. Can you sing the fight song?
Well, we didn't have a fight song that I remember, but I can sing the school
song, sort of.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
Sister Anne taught me how to type, became my friend, and remained my friend
until her death.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
I usually brought my lunch to school, but I think we all ate in the
18. What was your school's full name?
St. Vincent (it doesn't exist any more. It blended with Sacred Heart
boys' school and the newly built cathedral, which shared the grounds.
It is now Cathedral-Sacred Heart, and people have forgotten about St.
19. Where did you party the most?
Other people's houses, I think. Or at the beach (such as it is in San
Francisco) on warm days.
20. What was your school mascot?
We didn't have one.
21. Would you do it again?
High school? Heaven's no. I loved my high school years, but once
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I attended my junior prom with my boyfriend of 3 years. By the time my
senior prom came around, he had entered the seminary and I had no boyfriend
so I went with a neighbor's son and didn't really enjoy myself at all.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Bill (the Jesuit) and I still exchange Christmas cards. I can't even
remember the name of the guy who took me to the senior prom.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
No. There were 60 in my graduating class and I went to our 50th
reunion. Only a handful showed up and only one was someone who had
been a friend in school.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Talk, no but I am in communication either by e-mail, Facebook, or Christmas
card with four or five of them.
26. What are/were your school's colors?
Blue and white.