1. Do you have/have you had any
Polly in the back, Lizzie in the front
2. Do you play video games? If so, do you have a favorite video game
Word with Friends and 100! Puzzles (a tetris-like game).
unpopular opinions on anything?
Well, a portion of the country could say that my opinions on our
about-to-be president are not popular, but I share them with a majority
of the country, so I don't know how unpopular they really are.
4. Do you have a favorite gem? If yes, has anyone ever bought you
jewelry with that gem?
I don't have a favorite, but a family friend bought me an amethyst,
which is my birthstone, and a friend once bought me an opal, which was
beautiful (and of course there was the diamond in my engagement ring,
which belonged to Walt's grandmother, so technically speaking he didn't
buy it for me)
5. Favorite story genres?
I seem to read more crime stories than any other (Harlan Coben, Michael
Connelly, Tess Gerritsen, David Baldacci, etc.)
6. What was once a secret that you can now share? (The original
question was "What kind of fruit do you hate" which is type of question
that I think "who cares?" so I just change them.)
There's that whole story of my friend's affair, which I helped her
manage and cover up, much to my later regret. But you don't want
to hear that story. It ultimately ended our friendship.
7. Do you like reading?
I'm a readin' fool.
8. What time is it for you now, what are you usually doing at this
time of the day?
It is nearly noon and I am usually doing...this. Sitting at the
9. What character on TV or in film is most similar to you? You can go
with looks or personality. Or you can make a quip and go to the next
In my mind's eye, I have always been the auburn-haired Maureen
O'Hara of The Quiet Man, running across the emerald hills of
Ireland. In real life I'm more Roseanne Barr of Roseanne.
10. What's something weird you wanna do? It cannot be weirder than
I want to ride a wild stallion bareback along the beach of a deserted
island, like Alec Ramsey of The Black Stallion. As an obese
nearly 74 year old who has only been on a horse once or twice, I think
that's not likely to happen.
11. Have you ever accomplished a New Years Resolution?
No, because I never make any,.
12. Is there any music
artist you look up to?
13. Are you allergic to anything? If yes, what?
Not that I have found yet. Though maybe those sneezing spells say
14. When was the last time you took a swim? Who else was with you?
Char and I swam together in a swimming pool at the top of a hotel in
Italy back in 2009.
15. Would you rather have
the ability to sleep for as long as you want, or have the ability to
never have to sleep?
In my younger days I would say never have to sleep, but these days I'm
enjoying my sleep and have nothing special to get up for.