5 June 2016
1. Do you skip meals sometimes?
Rarely, but if I'm not feeling well, I do.
2. Last time you overate?
I don't remember. It's not that it as such a long tme ago, it's just
that I can't remember. I seem to be eating less the older I get,
3. Do you like Mexican food?
Love it. We have eight Mexican restaurants in town. My favorite is
chile rellenos, though not everybody makes it the way I like it. I've
stopped ordering the accompanying refried beans and rice because it's just
too much food.
4. Do you like Chinese food?
Love it!!! I grew up on the outskirts of Chinatown in San Francisco.
There are somewhere around 20 Chinese restaurants here in town, so you can
always find something to take care of your craving (I also took cooking
lessons from Martin Yan and can cook a mean Chinese feast when I want to put
in the time)
5. Do you like Italian food?
It's OK, but it's never my first choice for a restaurant if we are going
out. I am spaghetti'd out!
6. Do you like American food?
Sure. I wonder how one classifies "American food."
7. Have you ever been on a diet?
I'm 73. I was put on my first diet at age 10 and have been dieting off
and on ever since. Obviously it doesn't work. I can lose the weight,
but regain right away. I have more or less given up--and my doctor
doesn't even mention it.
8. Do you like vegetables?
Some. Like corn, spinach and squash. Don't ask me to eat beets.
I am getting used to kale, since so many Blue
Apron meals include it.
9. On a scale from 1 to 5 how much do you eat a day (1=
not eating, 5= eating 3 meals)?
Uh...6? If you bunch together all the snacks throughout the day.
10. Do you think you eat healthily?
Good heavens, no.
11. Do you think you are ugly?
I am passing fine. Not ugly, not beautiful. Just ordinary, for a
12. Do you like your hair?
My hair has changed in the last 10 years. I used to love how thick
andcurly it was, then it decided to start thinning and someone actually
asked me if I wanted product to give it more body. But after I had my
head shaved for children's cancer, it seems to be coming back thicker.
I do have a huge cowlick (which I never knew until I had my head shaved)
that makes it challenging, but I don't have to look at me, so I don't
think about it.
13. Do you like the way you look? Easy answer:
14. Would you want to change anything?
Changing anything at my age is too much work. Not worth the bother.
15. Do you ever wear a lucky color? No
16. Do you care how other people see you?
No. Others can't be nearly as critical as I can be.
17. Do you or have you ever worn braces?
No. I was blessed with very straight teeth.
18. Do you wear glasses and/or contacts?
Trifocals. And I still can't see right.
19. Do you want to gain weight, lose weight, or stay
about the same?
If someone could wave a magic wand and make me drop about 70 lbs, I would
not say them nay.
20. What do you do if you have the flu?
I haven't been sick in years, but when I am, I curl up in the recliner under
a quilt and watch TV until it all goes away.
21. How many tries to get your drivers license?
I never have to go back to retry a drivers test...to get the paperwork
right, yes, but the driving and questionnaire part, no.
22. Are you saving up for anything in the future?
23. Do you have a lot of spare time?
I'm retired. All of my time is spare.
24. Do you consider yourself a responsible person?
25. Do you consider yourself a lazy person?
Definitely., (Nobody will argue with me on that score.)