17 January 2016
76. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
"Never go to the foot when the head can be had." My godfather told me that
when I was a child. He meant that if you need assistance or to
complain, don't go to the underling, who doesn't give a rap about your
satisfaction, but to the head guy who wants to keep your business. (Of
course in this day and age I'm not so sure that is still true in all cases,
but that advice has definitely served me very well over the years..)
77. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
Definitely forgive. It's difficult or impossible to forget the pain
that some actions cause.
78. First mobile phone?
I don't remember, but it was the size of a regular phone and we kept it in
79. Strangest dream?
Last night I dreamed Bobby Flay had all of his fingers cut off, to the first
joint and he was trying to learn how to cook again. (This may have
been because I was sleeping through his show on the Food Network!)
80. Best dream?
I don't really dream much and I can't remember an outstanding good dream.
81. Who is the smartest person you know?
Stephen Peithman, a friend from the Davis Comic Opera Company. He's a
walking encyclopedia of theater.
82. Who is the prettiest person on you know?
My two granddaughters, of course. Could there be any doubt?
83. Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss my sister, who was murdered in 1971. I would like to have
someone to share decision-making and visits with our mother.
84. Who do you love? Why?
My family, of course. Because they are so loveable!
85. Do you like sharing?
Depends on what, but basically yes.
86. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
I took a selfie at the hospital yesterday when I was volunteering and there
was absolutely nothing to do but sit at the desk reading..
(not a very good selfie!)
87. Is there a reason behind everything that happens?
I suppose that in the grand cosmos there is, but darned if I can figure out
what it is sometimes.
88. Favorite genre of music?
89. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
90. Describe your life in 5 words.
Writer, daughter, committed, content, frustrated
91. Craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Baked 10 pumpkin pies to give to 10 children so they could toss them at each
92. First three songs in your favorite playlist?
I don't really have a play list.
93. Are you more creative or logical?
Oh my word, there is no "logical" in my brain. Definitely creative.
94. Would you rather lie or hurt someone with the truth?
Lie. The truth could hurt too much.
95. What are you most proud of?
Raising children to adulthood, seeing what wonderful adults they have
become, and considering all of them among my best friends. Second
would be writing a book.
96. What personality trait do you admire in other people?
Empathy, kindness, a sense of humor and a love of dogs
97. When you imagine yourself as really, really relaxed and happy, what
are you doing?
Sitting in my recliner, with a book on my lap, the TV on, and me napping.
98. How do you usually start a conversation?
99. What is the best news you could hear right now?
That Donald Trump and Ted Cruz had left the race.